Final Fantasy IV released for PS Vita! (unofficial port)
Following their recent release of Final Fantasy III for our beloved handheld, based on the Android Remake, developers Frangar and Rinnegatamante have now released a port of Final Fantasy IV for the PS Vita.
Here again, this is an Android port using TheFloW ‘s ARM loader. Additional credit is given to Darthbellic for providing LiveArea asset, and Cimmerian for testing.
What is Final Fantasy IV for PS Vita
The name says it all, this is a PS Vita port of Final fantasy IV, based on the Android version of the game. From the readme:
This is a wrapper/port of Final Fantasy IV (3D Remake) Android for the PS Vita. The port works by loading the official Android ARMv7 executable in memory, resolving its imports with native functions and patching it in order to properly run.
(From the readme)
In order to properly install the game, you’ll have to follow these steps precisely:
- Install kubridge and FdFix by copying
fd_fix.skprxto your taiHEN plugins folder (usually
ux0:tai) and adding two entries to your
*KERNEL ux0:tai/kubridge.skprx ux0:tai/fd_fix.skprx
Note Don’t install fd_fix.skprx if you’re using repatch plugin
- Optional: Install PSVshell to overclock your device to 500Mhz.
libshacccg.suprx, if you don’t have it already, by following this guide.
- Obtain your copy of Final Fantasy 4 legally from the Google Play store in form of an
.apkfile and one or more
.obbfiles (usually located inside the
/sdcard/android/obb/com.square_enix.android_googleplay.FFIV_GP/) folder. You can get all the required files directly from your phone or by using an apk extractor you can find in the play store. The apk can be extracted with whatever Zip extractor you prefer (eg: WinZip, WinRar, etc…) since apk is basically a zip file. You can rename
.zipto open them with your default zip extractor.
- Copy the
ux0:data/ff4and rename it to
- Open the apk and extract
- Install FF4.vpk on your PS Vita.
- Optional (Opening Video Playback): Extract from the apk, the file
res/raw/opening.mp4and convert it to 1280×720 (ffmpeg can be used for this task with the command
ffmpeg -i opening.mp4 -vf scale=1280x720 output.mp4). Once converted, copy it to
Download FFIV Vita
You can download the game here.
- You will need a hacked PS Vita to run unofficial games.
- Also please note once more that you will need a legit copy of the original Android game in order to play this. The files from the original game are required for the setup! (See Setup details in the section above.)