Release: PS5 Camera driver for (Windows) PC
That was fast! Following the PS5 Camera firmware dump published yesterday by psxdev, developer HackInside has released the files required to install a Windows driver for the PS5 Camera. This lets you use the PS5 Camera with most webcam utilities.
How to use the PS5 Camera on your PC
(From the readme)
- Download the files from the project’s GitHub page.
- If you have already installed the PS4 camera driver, skip this step. Otherwise, run the InstallDriver.exe program first.
- Connect the PS5 camera. On the Device Manager, You will see the USB BOOT under Universal Seria Bus Devices.
- Make sure that the OrbisEyeCameraFirmwareLoader.exe is in the same folder as firmware.bin and run it.
- Back to the Device Manager under Cameras should be showing USB Camera-OV580
Done. Now you can use it on most webcam software. Need to repeat step 4 every time you disconnect the camera for the PC.