Release: re-3 Vita 1.4 (GTA III port). Gamebreaking bugs free!
Vita Developer Rinnegatamante has released version 1.4 of his Vita port of re3, a.k.a GTA III for your PS Vita.
What is re3 Vita?
re3-vita is a port of the open-source re3 engine for the PlayStation Vita which allows one to play Grand Theft Auto III natively. With Rinnegatamante & TheFloW being behind the port, it was received quite positively within the PSVita community as it finally granted the console a 3D GTA game that ran pretty well compared to the PSP’s GTA games
GTA III For PSVita – What’s new with re3-Vita 1.4
According to the developer, this release is “finally” gamebreaking bugs free, meaning you should be able to complete all aspects of the game without any trouble.
- Added official game manual as manual of the application.
- Added support for the intro video.
- Fixed a bug causing sniper rifle to deal damage only at first shot.
- Fixed a bug causing dead pedestrians to still have collisions enabled.
- Fixed a bug causing hookers to damange the car when they got picked up in a car.
- Updated vitaGL to latest commit.
- Updated to latest official commit of re3 main repository.
- The re3 team for the incredible work done with the reverse engineering of the game and for the constant support to solve any issue we come across to.aap, author of re3 that gave us a huge hand improving, fixing and optimizing this port.
- AGraber for the Switch port of re3 used as original base for the port and for his Batch script used to convert audio files into uncompressed wavs easily.
- Freakler for the awesome Livearea assets
- Samilop Cimmerian Iter for the installation tutorial and extensively testing the port.
- VitaHEX games for providing the game manual images.
Download and run GTA III for PS Vita
You can download re3-Vita 1.4 here.
Please note that you will need a hacked PS Vita in order to run the game.
How to get videos working:
In order to get videos working, you’ll need to convert them first with your PC. You can use ffmpeg to do this task with the following commands:ffmpeg -i Logo.mpg Logo.mp4
ffmpeg -i GTAtitles.mpg GTAtitles.mp4
The videos are in the movies folder and the original one in mpg format can be safely removed after the conversion.