Vita release: VitaQuakeIII 1.0
What’s new in Vita Quake 3 ?
Rinnegatamante has implemented multitexturing support and Texture combiner (GL_COMBINE). According to the developer, this allowed to use Quake3’s original shading code (which uses multitexturing), which improves performance and fixes some glitches. Check the video below
- Updated to latest vitaGL usage.
- Updated to GCC10 usage.
- Enabled multitexturing usage (huge performance boost).
- Enabled texture compression usage.
- Fixed dynamic lights, now they render properly (r_dynamiclight).
- Removed Urban Terror core (too heavy for PSVita).
- Fixed several renderer related glitches (eg: fog not properly rendering in some maps).
- Fixed portals and mirrors rendering (r_noportals).
You can download VitaQuakeIII here.
Also note that you will need a hacked PS Vita in order to run VitaQuakeIII.
How to enable dynamic lights and mipmaps:
If you used to play vitaQuakeIII before v.1.0 release, you probably have those two features disabled in your config files. To enable them edit baseq3/q3config file:
r_dynamiclight from 0 to 1
r_textureMode from GL_LINEAR to GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR or GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST