Vita release: h-encore Easy Update Server (3.65)
If you’ve just bought a PS Vita that ships with Firmware 3.63 or below, this release by emiyl lets you easily upgrade your console to hackable firmware 3.65, online and without the need for a PC.
Disclaimer: this process involves changing your DNS. Use at your own risk. If you are concerned for security reasons, remember that it is also possible to install the firmware by getting firmware 3.65 (e.g. here) and installing it offline from a Vita card.
If you’ve recently bought a Vita that arrived on an unhackable firmware version, you will now be able to easily update to version 3.65, no PC required.
Some of you may remember that Plailect made a similar DNS for the guide back in 2018, which died in around 2019 – this should hopefully fill the gap that it left. Now if you have a Vita that arrives on 3.63 or below, you can just update to 3.65 directly, instead of updating to 3.73 and then downgrading again.
Until I fix it, you won’t be able to access the rest of the internet while the DNS server is applied. Once you’ve updated, make sure to remove it again if you want to keep using the internet.
I’ve just finished setting this server up, and it’s now 5am, so let me know if there are any issues I’ve made in my tiredness lol. Thanks 🙂
How to upgrade your PS Vita to 3.65 with DNS
Section I: Prep Work
- Launch the Settings application
- Navigate to Network -> Wi-Fi Settings
- Select your current connection
- Select “Advanced Settings”
- Set “DNS Settings” to “Manual”
- Set “Primary DNS” to 18.104.22.168
- Leave “Secondary DNS” blank
- Ensure “Proxy Server” is set to “Do Not Use”
- Return to the main Settings menu
Section II: Updating to 3.65
- Navigate to System Update -> Update Using Wi-Fi
- Ensure the update message “Version 3.65 (emiyl)” is displayed
- Follow the prompts to update your device to 3.65
you can then proceed to hack your 3.65 Vita using h-encore.