Release: Crashlands ported to PS Vita (KyuHEN competition entry)
Developer m1s3ry released Crashlands, a Vita port of the award-winning survival game. Crashlands participates in the KyuHEN Vita Homebrew competition, a contest with more than $1700 in cash prizes. The KyuHEN competition is now officially over, but we’re catching up on a few of the releases from the past few days.
The original Crashlands has a huge following and currently holds at “very positive” on Steam. You play as Flux Dabes, a galactic trucker whose latest shipment gets derailed by a chin-strapped alien menace named Hewgodooko, leaving you stranded on an alien planet. As you hustle to retrieve your packages you’ll become enmeshed in a nefarious plot of world domination, which will require all of your wits and both of your glutes to overcome. Learn recipes from the local sentient life, make new friends, uncover ancient secrets and deadly bosses, tame everything and build yourself a home-away-from-home as you learn to thrive on planet Woanope.
What is Crashlands for PS Vita
From the readme:
Port of the award winning game Crashlands to the PS Vita. Requires the original game on Steam
Requirements: Steam’s latest version of Crashlands.
Download the files
- Connect the Vita to the PC using Vitashell (either USB or FTP) and install the .VPK
- In your PC, open the folder when you have installed Crashlands (Steam, Epic Games Store or GoG)
- Download the patch for your version and extract it in that folder. After that, run apply_patch.bat. This will create a folder called Patched_Files
- If everything went correctly, your Patched_Files folders will have a file called eboot.bin and a folder called games with a lot of audiogroup.dat files and a game.win file.
- Copy eboot.bin and the games folder and move them to the vita, ux0:app/CRASHLAND. Overwrite when prompted.
- Copy all the .ogg files from your PC Crashlands folder into ux0:app/CRASHLAND/games
- Optional: Overclock CPU to 444mhz using PSV Shell. The game runs at 60 fps without it but I feel it smoother with overclock.
This patch is not confirmed to work with any other version that it’s not the current latest build of Steam. It should support other versions but it’s very likely it won’t properly.
Known Issues :
- Loading times are pretty long, so don’t be afraid, your Vita didn’t crash. About 2 minutes.
- Autosave is not super reliable. Use manual save too (just press Select for quicksave)
You can download Crashlands from its page on the Kyuhen competition here.