PS Vita Release: Rockstar’s Bully (Anniversary Edition) port by TheFloW
What’s Bully for PS Vita
Bully Vita is a “port” of the android version of Rockstar’s popular action-adventure game. From the readme:
This is a wrapper/port of Bully: Anniversary Edition for the PS Vita.
The port works by loading the official Android ARMv7 executable in memory, resolving its imports with native functions and patching it in order to properly run.
The game is played from a third-person perspective and its open world is navigated on foot, skateboard, scooter, bicycle, or go-kart. Set in the fictional town of Bullworth, the single-player story follows juvenile delinquent student James “Jimmy” Hopkins, who is involuntarily enrolled at Bullworth Academy for a year, and his efforts to rise through the ranks of the school system in order to put a stop to bullying. Players control Jimmy as he attempts to become more popular among the school’s various “cliques”, in addition to attending classes and completing various side missions. The Scholarship Edition includes a two-player competitive multiplayer mode that lets two players compete for the highest score in different classes.
Download and install Bully for PS Vita
Disclaimer: it goes without saying, but you will need a hacked PS Vita in order to run this game.
You can download the required files from TheFloW’s github here.
To install (from the readme):
(If you have already installed the game and want to update to a newer release, you can simply install Bully.vpk on your PS Vita).
In order to properly install the game, you’ll have to follow these steps precisely:
- Install kubridge and FdFix by copying
fd_fix.skprxto your taiHEN plugins folder (usually
ux0:tai) and adding two entries to your
*KERNEL ux0:tai/kubridge.skprx ux0:tai/fd_fix.skprx
Note Don’t install fd_fix.skprx if you’re using repatch plugin
- Optional: Install PSVshell to overclock your device to 500Mhz.
- Optional: Install CapUnlocker to use the 4th core.
- Obtain your copy of Bully: Anniversary Edition legally for Android in form of an
.apkfile and one or more
patch.11.com.rockstargames.bully.obblocated inside the
/sdcard/android/obb/com.rockstargames.bully/) folder. You can get all the required files directly from your phone or by using an apk extractor you can find in the play store. The apk can be extracted with whatever Zip extractor you prefer (eg: WinZip, WinRar, etc…) since apk is basically a zip file. You can rename
.zipto open them with your default zip extractor.
- Open the apk with your zip explorer, extract the
assetsfolder from your
ux0:dataand rename it to
Bully. The result would be
- Still in the apk, extract the file
- Create the folder
ux0:data/Bully/Android, copy and paste (do not extract!)
ux0:data/Bully/Android/patch.11.com.rockstargames.bully.obband finally rename them to to
- Download the gamefiles.zip and extract the contents to
- Install Bully.vpk on your PS Vita and enjoy the game. Note that for the first boot, the game may take around 3min to generate
.idxfiles for the
.obbfiles. Make sure that your device does not go to sleep in that time. After the first boot, the game should take around 1min to start.
- Once in game, press START to open the pause menu, then go to Settings and change “Clarity” to “High” for native resolution.
- The official game does not free unused textures (as modern smartphones have more RAM than the PS Vita) and as such, the game will crash after a long gameplay.
- If the game crashes, and there are files available in
ux0:data/Bully/glsl, please send them to us. If there are too many, then it is because you forgot to install
gamefiles.zip, in which case do not send us the files.