Release: DevilutionX 1.2.0 (Diablo port) for PS Vita, Switch (and other platforms)
The DevilutionX Team has released version 1.2.0 of their port of Diablo, for a bunch of platforms, including the PS Vita and Nintendo Switch.
What is DevilutionX
DevilutionX is basically a port of Diablo for modern platforms. It requires you to have the original game to play, or alternatively to play the free (shareware) version of the game. DevilutionX also includes optional mods. From the readme:
DevilutionX is a source port of Diablo and Hellfire that strives to make it simple to run the game while providing engine improvements, bugfixes, and some optional quality of life features.
This update improves support for the Hellfire extension. From the changelog:
- Hellfire support
- Shareware support
- Fully migrate saves between Diablo and Hellfire
- Gold picked goes to stack even when inventory is open
- Pepin automatically heals
- Show other players on the map
- Preserve list position when buying and selling items in stores
- Preserve hotkeys and active spell across games
- Set default active spell for new heroes
- Experience bar (off by default)
- Monster health bar (off by default)
- Auto equip all item types on pickup or purchase (off by default)
- Auto pickup gold (off by default)
- Run in town (off by default) (also in multiplayer)
- Disable friendly fire from arrows an spells (off by default)
- Disable quest randomization (off by default)
- Adria refills mana (off by default)
- Barbarian and Bard heroes in Diablo (off by default)
Download DevilutionX (Diablo port) 1.2.0 for PS Vita / Nintendo Switch
How to Install
Important: In addition to installing/running the homebrew like every other homebrew on your platform of choice, you will need to follow these instructions (from the readme):
You’ll need access to the data from the original game. If you don’t have an original CD then you can buy Diablo from GoG.com. Alternately you can use
spawn.mpq from the shareware version, in place of
DIABDAT.MPQ, to play the shareware portion of the game.
Download the latest DevilutionX release and extract the contents to a location of your choosing or build from source.
DIABDAT.MPQfrom the CD or GOG-installation (or extract it from the GoG installer) to the DevilutionX folder.
- To run the Diablo: Hellfire expansion you will need to also copy
For more detailed instructions: Installation Instructions.
Source (and more platform downloads): DevilutionX