Emulation: Cemu 1.22.6 released with fixes for Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Yoshi’s Woolly World among other improvements!
Seeing how the Cemu is an emulator in constant development, the team behind it decided to release updates on a bi-monthly basis. As a result, updates are often not ground-breaking but notable nonetheless for Wii U fans and in this article, we’ll be taking a look at the release of Cemu 1.22.6c to the public!
Cemu 1.22.6c publicly released with numerous fixes
As hinted in the introduction, Cemu is a Wii U emulator that’s been around for quite some time allowing you to play the console’s titles on your PC. While the Wii U was a commercial flop, it is worth saying that many popular Switch titles are direct ports of its games with such titles including Mario Kart 8, Zelda: Breath of the Wild and New Super Mario Bros U. This presents the opportunity of emulating these titles on PC, often with graphics packs/mods that provide a much nicer experience, without the pretty high requirements of Switch emulators such as Ryujinx and Yuzu. Thanks to this, the emulator earned a good deal of popularity over the years as even a mid-range PC equipped with older cards like the GTX 960 suffices for Mario Kart 8 and many other titles.
Focusing on the release of Cemu 1.22.6, the update brings no new noteworthy features to the table but provides fixes for various games and continues the crusade on soft-locks which plague many emulated titles. From its change log, this update primarily brings along:
- A fix for random softlocks in Yoshi’s Woolly World which was originally a Wii U exclusive before finding its way onto the 3DS
- The game is now fully playable
- Improvements relating to accurate shader sizes which resulted in titles such as ‘The Fall’ being fully playable and no longer crashing on boot
- Stability in some titles, such as Tokyo Mirage Sessions, has been improved thanks to fixing a race condition
- Work is being done to fix random crashes relating to file I/O that affect Zelda: BotW and other games
- Other stuff such as improved graphics rendering and better command line parameter parsing for those who prefer to bypass the GUI
You may grab Cemu 1.22.6c for free by following the link below to Cemu’s download page. Cemu’s Team may be supported on Patreon by following the link below which earns one access to new releases a week earlier if $5+/month are donated.
Cemu’s download page & short change logs: https://cemu.info/changelog.html
Cemu’s Patreon page (donations): https://www.patreon.com/cemu