Switch: Goldleaf 0.9 released
Goldleaf, the Popular Homebrew multi tool for Nintendo Switch has received an official 0.9 update, after more than a year without releases. Version 0.8 was not compatible with the latest Atmosphere and/or Switch firmware 11.0.1. In our tests, this new release fixes that, even though that is not specified in the changelog. (unofficial builds of Goldleaf 0.9 have been circulating for a while, that fixed such issues).
Goldleaf 0.9 Changelog
- Simplified directory deleting logic for both Goldleaf and Quark, making everything less slower (thanks @pheki)
- Introducing savedata browsing! select a game from the game manager menu, and mount it’s savedata. Note that, if you forget to unmount them manually, they will be automatically unmounted when Goldleaf is exited
- Support for firmware installing, via Atmosphere’s ams:su service extension!
- Now fatal crashes are avoided, and Goldleaf will just display an error message via the console’s error applet, and save its own report with information about the crash/error.
- Simplified and cleaned a lot of internal code, hopefully making everything more stable
- Updated libnx and Plutonium – this implies support for previously unsupported special text (Japanese and Chinese characters, etc.) with last Plutonium
- Removed emuiibo manager – emuiibo’s overlay is now the optimal and recommended manager for emuiibo
- Amiibo dumping support was updated to match emuiibo’s format
- Non-lowercase file extensions (.TXT, .biN, .Nsp, etc.) are now properly supported
- Fixed resetting a title’s launch version, which wasn’t properly implemented on previous releases
- Now dumped firmware will be compatible with Atmosphere’s Daybreak firmware tool, deprecating Choi support (as Daybreak is a better and safer alternative)
- Removed support for dumping firmware as NSP packages, as no relevent firmware tool makes use of that format
- Reboot-to-payload functionality (which can be used with .bin files) has been internally improved with Atmosphere’s bpc:ams extensions
- 🌈 Random color schemes/pallets are used by default now, instead of default light/dark blue schemes
- Fixed a small bug where no personalized tickets would be detected if no common tickets were present in the console
- Introducing USB drive support, thanks to me and DarkMatterCore’s new project: libusbhsfs, a library to include USB drive support in your homebrew projects!
- Both FAT (including exFAT) and NTFS filesystems are supported 😉
- Other minor code improvements or small bug fixes
Download Goldleaf 0.9 (+Quark 0.4)
You can Download Goldleaf 0.9 from the project’s github here.