PSP Hacks: pspdecrypt (PSARDumper for PC) released, And Mathieulh discloses iplloader exploit

1. Mack says:

It’s surprising to hear more PSP hacking is being done, but it’s certainly a good sign; that kind of devotion is always refreshing to see… Also, I wonder, are you still looking for guest bloggers? If so, I’m your man! I own pretty much every non-Microsoft console and, aside from the Switch (got a later model on that one, sadly), they’ve all been cracked wide open. I also consider myself a good writer, though that’s for you to judge!

2. krystal says:

Hopefully automatic builds will be merged to master soon 😀

Spent the afternoon doing so, if anyone wants the latest version they can download here: https://github.com/krystalgamer/pspdecrypt/actions/runs/552579125

3. Artart78 says:

Thanks for the article !
    There are two things on the PSAR decryption tool which are brand new :
    – KL3E/KL4E native decompression, which never had been done before on PC
    – IPL stage2/stage3 descrambling/decryption for all firmware versions (worked only for up to 2.50 in the original PSP-run PSARDumper)

Hope you like it!

4. Mathieulh says:

“According to the hacker, this exploit was used to dump an unencrypted version of the IPL block” that’s not what I said.

This exploit was used to dump the 3.5.0 devkit pre-ipl xor key before it was cleared from memory. This is not a “Lib PSP exploit” this is a Lib-PSP iplloader, this is Sony’s official name to what we know as pre-ipl, basically this is allows cpu rom code execution (this is the code that runs before the IPL).

This is the earliest you can get code execution on a PSP, ever.

• wololo says:

Apologies about that. Tried to use my own words and I shouldn’t, as clearly I misunderstood. I fixed the article.

5. Jake1702 says:

This has absolutely nothing to do with the post, but I have no idea where else I’d ask about this –

I can’t seem to register for your forums, clicking “Submit” does nothing, and I’ll make an educated guess and say it has something to do with the fact that in the bottom right it says “This site key is not enabled for the invisible captcha.”. Just figured I should point that out if you guys don’t already know.

• wololo says:

Hi Jake1702. Thanks for letting me know and sorry about the issue. This should be fixed now. Feel free to contact me at wagic.the.homebrew at gmail dot com if you still run into issues when registering.

1. February 22, 2021

[…] (yes, you read correctly) hacking, which led to a pandora unbricker for patched models, as well as dumping more keys, pspdecrypt and psardecrypt have been updated to support “any Firmware PSP PBP and/or PRX […]