Emulation: Cemu 1.22.5 publicly released – Performance in Zelda: BotW improved, some regressions fixed and some games, like Nano Assault Neo, now work better
Despite the Wii U being somewhat ill-fated, the Cemu developers still found value in emulating it as it allows various hit titles such as Mario Kart 8 & Zelda: Breath of the Wild to be played on PC. Now, Cemu 1.22.5 has been publicly released which packs in quite a few important under-the-hood fixes to provide a smoother experience.
Cemu 1.22.5d released to the public
As the introduction suggests, Cemu is a Wii U emulator for Windows and it managed to amass a good deal of users since it allows one to play many popular Wii U titles on their PC. Such titles, most of which have found their way to the Switch, include Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Maker and Zelda: Breath of the Wild among others but Cemu also allows these games to be enhanced with higher resolutions and various mod/game packs making it quite appealing to use.
Moving on to the latest release, Cemu 1.22.5 has been released as part of Cemu’s bi-monthly update effort with the update including:
- Performance in Zelda: BotW has been improved thanks to optimisations relating to texture readback
- A performance regression, that mostly affects lower-end AMD CPUs, has been fixed
- Some I/O operations, such as iterating through files, have been made faster as part of an on-going effort to reduce micro-stutter
- Soft locks have been fixed in Angry Birds Triology, Paper Mario Colour Splash, Zelda Wind Waker HD and Nano Assault Neo while Xenoblade Chronicles X received a fix for corruption textures
- Some other regressions and crashes were addressed
- You may read more about what the update brings along by reading the changelog
You may grab Cemu 1.22.5d for free by following the link below to Cemu’s official website. As usual, the Team Cemu releases new builds of the emulator to Patreon supporters a week before it does to the public so if you’d like to support the development effort and get builds earlier, you may pledge a few bucks monthly by following the link below.
Cemu 1.22.5d download link: https://cemu.info/index.html#download
Team Cemu Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/cemu
I love cemu. I’m so addicted to zelda. best game I played in the last decade
I want this site to stay relevant. It’s 2021, Wololo please do something, find more writers.
Just deal with it, jeez!
Good point Vorde. What articles can we find on other sites related to hacking and that they’ve missed? What are some new revelation that are relevant?