PS4: Hacker TheFlow discloses Kernel exploit for firmware 7.55

1. fresno says:

Good news. Thank you “wololo”.

2. seanp2500 says:

i nearly fainted

3. SawS7ven says:

que bueno,al fin algo para los q tienen 7.55

4. Bunicu Gicu says:

It’s started ! A new year for me ! Really ! A good start of the year that comes with a fresh start for my 7.55 CE – 35888 – 2 console… You feel me, right ?

5. Mgplayer says:

Tank wololo

6. Cerdeira says:

Finally I’ll put my 7.50 to good use.

Thanks!

7. SiliconExarch says:

It turns out that my plasma TV breaking half way through last year wasn’t so bad after all, because I haven’t turned my PS4 Pro on since so it’s bound to be below 7.55!

8. Rean95 says:

Thought TheFlow was done with releasing public exploit for ps4

• MrHappy says:

He disclosed it on Sony’s bounty platform. It will probably trickle down to end-users on older firmware, but he’s not exactly releasing it for us. I applaud him for profiting off his skills, and disclosing exploits for Sony could land him a comfy security job some day.

9. mochalicious says:

if mine is on 7.50, how would i update it to 7.55?

10. Yenboy says:

Thank to the flow ps4 is getting exciting towward the end of the console life

11. the_bug says:

Definitely good news, i just purchased a second hand fat ps4 at a pawn shop and it has 7.51 fw, now to wait. 🙂

12. Michael Henkemeier says:

I try to find a site to Download the 7.51 but, nothing. Somebody can help ?

13. Nodge says:

I only want the PS4 hack to use dlc for my original Street Fighter V game because it tries to force me to be signed on to use in game currency in the first place and that makes me angry because I would have to update to the latest firmware. I think it’s a dirty rotten trick. I’m also interested in emulators. I have a legal right to backup my games.

14. the line of static says:

good work guys

15. Jackie Chan says:

*Me still on 5.05* : Can’t wait for the updated backport tools

1. January 14, 2021

[…] TheFloW discloses Kernel exploit for firmware 7.55: https://wololo.net/2021/01/13/ps4-hacker-theflow-discloses-kernel-exploit-for-firmware-7-55/ […]

2. January 21, 2021

[…] few days ago, hacker TheFlow disclosed a PS4 Kernel exploit, for PS4 firmware 7.55. The disclosure however did not contain any proof of concept files, so the hacking scene has to […]