Switch & Vita releases: Atmosphere 0.16.2 released with minor fixes & improvements + VICEVita 1.2 is out for the Vita giving a better Commodore 64 emulation experience!
This week, the PlayStation 4 took the spotlight as Firmware 7.02 was fully hacked and PS4HEN was released for it. As a result, we can say that Christmas came early for those patiently waiting on FW 7.02 to hack their PlayStation 4 but stuff has also been going on in other scenes and in this article, we’ll be looking at Atmosphère 0.16.2 & VICEVita 1.2!
Atmosphère 0.16.2 released for the Nintendo Switch
As most of us know, Atmosphère is the effectively the go-to CFW for the Nintendo Switch as it’s free, open-source and is supported by virtually all homebrew and custom sysmodules (plugins) released for the Nintendo Switch while receiving pretty frequent updates to add new features, respond to new firmwares and improve the overall experience. Now, Atmosphere 0.16.2 which has been touted as a minor update is out and it brings along:
- Updates to the ‘pgl’ and ‘creport’ sysmodules to be in line with how they act on FW 11.0.0
- Creport is no longer launched multiple times when a process crashes
- Atmosphère ZIPs do not bundle BCT.ini anymore as the CFW relies on defaults stored within the code itself
- You may still use a custom BCT.ini configuration and a template is provided on the GitHub repository
- The NRO allowing one to reboot to payload has been updated in order to improve compatibility
- Some other stuff such as a new system setting relating to Atmosphère Debug Mode and allowing homebrew to use FW 8.0.0+ kernel mappings
You may grab Atmosphere 0.16.2 by following the links below and installing it as usual. Firmwares up to and including the latest FW 11.0.1 are supported.
VICEVita updated to version 1.2 with various improvements
VICEVita is a Commodore 64 emulator for the PlayStation Vita created by developer ‘ammier’ based upon the multi-platform VICE emulator. From time to time, its developer pushes out updates to this already-polished emulator and yesterday, VICEVita 1.2 was released which brings along:
- The ability to load games from uma0: which is a partition often present when using an official Vita memory card together with a microSD card
- The file browser now remembers the last directory visited
- A sliding keyboard has been implemented
- Menu button actions have been modified and fast access to a drive’s ZIP folder has been added
- Some bug fixes including fixing a crash when one attaches an empty disk image to a drive
As with Atmosphere 0.16.2, you may grab VICEVita 1.2 by following the link below.
You may grab the releases mentioned in this article by following the links below. Issues for both pieces of software are to be reported in their respective GitHub Issues Page.
Atmosphere 0.16.2 GitHub Release Page: https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases
VICEVita 1.2 GitHub Release Page: https://github.com/ammeir/vicevita/releases