PlayStation 3: Sony releases Firmware 4.87 for their 14 year old console – HFW 4.87.1 is already out with SEN Enabler already being updated to spoof FW 4.87

Aurora

1. Typap says:

Just nice console… PS3 forever

2. RAWR says:

I heard the update was for some BD playback of some sort. Anyone confirm this?

3. Charles Fasano says:

Sony’s update site still shows 4.86 for now.

4. Frejan says:

Insetos of this shi* update, they could have make the PS3 fully works with Dualshock 4. I just can’t find a original PS3 controller in my country. And since mine PS3 is the super slim, i can use the plugin Xpad that allow the PS4 to work with PS3.

• axeax says:

Dualshock 4 works on my PS3. Try connecting it via bluetooth on Manage bluetooth devices

• Jhonny says:

the ps4 control works in an official way, just put it in search mode the PS button and share it will start to flash, then go on devices on the ps3 and you will see the controler

5. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF says:

When is Sony going to release a new firmware version for the PS2 and PS1?

• They already have as of today:

PS2 System Software 4.00. This update removes the ability to connect to the internet, ability to use a hard drive, and ability to boot games that are available on the PlayStation Store.

PS1 System Software 19.94. This update is to celebrate a late (or early) anniversary. Removes ability to play PS1 disc. Buy attachment to connect to PSN and re-purchase your games.

• CFO of Sony Entertainment America says:

Amazing news; very well said. There’s a lot to look forward this year and next. Game on!

• Jhonny says: