PSVita Release: ds34vita released allowing one to connect both DualShock 3 & 4 controllers together with some extra features and fixes
Connecting DualShock 3 & DualShock 4 controllers to the PlayStation Vita is nothing new thanks to xerpi’s ds3vita/ds4vita and TheFlow’s MiniVitaTV but now, a new plugin having to do with these beloved controllers is on the bloc. This plugin is ds34vita which combines ds3vita & ds4vita together with some improvements of its own!
What is ds34vita?
As its name suggests, ds34vita is a plugin by MERLev that merges two plugins by xerpi, namely ds3vita and ds4vita while adding some of its features and improvements.
Going back to ds34vita, this plugin combines the aforementioned plugins into one together with:
- Allowing you to connect 2 controllers simultaneously – no information on controller configurations was given and I can’t personally test it as I don’t have 2 DS3/DS4 controllers
- A dead-zone for the touch panel was introduced
- PlayStation TV-style button mapping
- The no-sleep and multi-touch issues present in ds3vita & ds4vita have been fixed
- Integration with another plugin by the same developer called reVita which does input remapping
How do I install ds34vita on my console?
As ds34vita is simply a taiHEN kernel plugin, installing it on your PSVita is pretty straightforward with the process being as follows:
- Grab the ds34vita kernel plugin from the link below – it’s named ds34vita.skprx
- Copy it to ur0:/tai or ux0:/tai depending on your configuration
- Add a line reading along the lines of “ux0:/tai/ds34vita.skprx” to your taiHEN config.txt file under the *KERNEL section
- If you have ds3vita, ds4vita or MiniVitaTV, remove them as conflicts might arise!
- Reboot your PSVita and profit!
You may learn more about MERlev’s ds34vita plugin by following the link to its README on GitHub. Download links are also provided while issues may be reported in Issues tab of the plugin’s GitHub repository.
ds34vita README (more information): https://github.com/MERLev/ds34vita/blob/master/README.md
ds34vita download link: https://github.com/MERLev/ds34vita/releases