PSVita Release: GePatch 0.19 released with fixes for some crashing games & regressions – Over 180 PSP games can be played perfectly @ Vita’s native resolution with many more only having minor issues!
TheFlow’s GePatch has been out for 3 weeks now and various members of the Vita scene have had their dream come true. However, the initial iteration of software is seldom perfect and TheFlow has kept rolling out updates with GePatch 0.19 being the latest!
What is GePatch?
GePatch is a plugin by TheFlow that allows one to play a good deal of PSP games at the PlayStation Vita’s native resolution which is 960×544. As a result, this plugin makes PSP games running on the Vita & PSTV push 4 times as many pixels than they would normally as the PSP’s resolution is 480×272. In order to increase the rendering resolution of games, TheFlow is patching display lists & vertices within the PSP’s graphics engine found inside the PlayStation Vita.
Compatibility-wise, GePatch is fully compatible with 186 games as of writing this article with a further 270 titles being able to run with minor issues ranging from menus that look a bit messed up to performance problems that some can live with.
What does GePatch 0.19 bring along?
GePatch 0.19, which was released yesterday, is an update that aims to fix certain issues in order to increase compatibility with its changelog stating:
- Some bugs that made certain games crash were fixed
- An issue that was introduced in earlier versions (a regression) was fixed
- From comments left within the compatibility spreadsheet, GePatch 0.19 provides an improved experience in the following titles:
- Super Stardust Portable – perfectly playable
- Super Strike Portable – perfectly playable
- Crash of Titans – no longer crashes but has minor issues
- Crash: Mind Over Mutant – no longer crashes but has minor issues
- Dokodemo Issyo Lets Gakkou Obenkyou Pack – this game is now fullscreen
- Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street Portable – no longer crashes but has minor issues
- Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake – works much better although FPS drops & black FMVs are still there
- Other titles that you can check out in the compatibility spreadsheet linked below
You may get GePatch on your PlayStation Vita or PlayStation TV by following the link below. In order to use GePatch 0.19, you must be using Adrenaline 7.0 else it won’t work so make sure you update!
GePatch 0.19 download link: https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/GePatch/releases
GePatch README (installation instructions & more): https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/GePatch/blob/master/README.md
GePatch Compatibility Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aZlmKwELcdpCb9ezI5iRfgcX9hoGxgL4tNC-673aKqk/
TheFlow’s Patreon (donations): https://www.patreon.com/TheOfficialFloW
The post PSVita Release: GePatch 0.19 released with fixes for some crashing games & regressions – Over 180 PSP games can be played perfectly @ Vita’s native resolution with many more only having minor issues! appeared first on Wololo.net.