PSVita Release: TheFlow releases Adrenaline 7.0 allowing GePatch to work with more games – Over 170 PSP games playable @ native resolution + 231 with minor issues!
For over a year, Adrenaline for the PlayStation Vita hasn’t seen any updates simply because it reached a mature-enough state with no deal-breaking issues. However, developments brought about by GePatch made TheFlow push Adrenaline 7.0 which allows more PSP games to run at the Vita’s native resolution and more!
What is Adrenaline?
While the PlayStation Vita has a decent game library of its own that’s more appealing to those who enjoy Japanese titles and/or indie games, a good deal of people bought the console as a way to experience PSP games better through the various enhancements the console brings including a larger screen. In order to get the full PSP experience, one needs to hack their console and use an ePSP hack with the de facto one that most use being TheFlow’s Adrenaline!
Other than simply allowing you to play your favourite PSP & PS1 games, Adrenaline comes with its own fair share of added features including:
- The ability to experience the original PSP experience by running XMB and letting you use plugins
- Adrenaline also supports Vita-specific plugins including right analogue stick patches and GePatch which allows one to play many PSP games at 960×544 (Vita’s native resolution)
- Screen filters such as Advanced AA which make games look less pixelated when they are running at the PSP’s native resolution
- 64MB RAM in PSP homebrew which allows PSP 2000+ homebrew to run properly
- Various other stuff including the ability to transfer files via USB, WiFi support, compatibility with udcd_uvc allowing you stream your console’s screen to a PC via USB & much more!
What does Adrenaline 7.0 bring along?
Adrenaline 7.0, which was released over 1.5 years after Adrenaline 6.9, comes with:
- A fix for an issue in which plugins were loaded in recovery mode
- The native display buffer has been moved to a different location allowing GePatch to work with more games
With Adrenaline 7.0 & GePatch 0.18.1, one can play 177 PSP games at the Vita’s native resolution with a further 231 listed as having minor issues as per a community-maintained compatibility spreadsheet. You may see compatible titles by following the link to the spreadsheet below.
To download Adrenaline 7.0, simply follow the link below to its GitHub Release Page and follow the instructions found within the GitHub Repository’s README. You may donate to TheFlow via Patreon.
Adrenaline 7.0 download link: https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases
Adrenaline 7.0 installation instructions (read before updating or installing for the first time!): https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/blob/master/readme.md
TheFlow’s Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/TheOfficialFloW
TheFlow’s Twitter (future updates): https://twitter.com/theflow0
GePatch compatibility spreadsheet (which games can be played at native resolution): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aZlmKwELcdpCb9ezI5iRfgcX9hoGxgL4tNC-673aKqk
The post PSVita Release: TheFlow releases Adrenaline 7.0 allowing GePatch to work with more games – Over 170 PSP games playable @ native resolution + 231 with minor issues! appeared first on Wololo.net.