Vita & Switch Releases: GePatch 0.1.6 with over 150 playable PSP games @ Vita’s native resolution & Atmosphere 0.14.4 with fixes relating to Mario 3D All-Stars!
While the PSP was released in 2004 and its graphics are nowhere as advanced as today’s consoles, various worthwhile titles are available for the console which prompts various people to play its games on other systems perhaps with enhancements. One of these enhancements is resolution upscaling and thanks to GePatch, the Vita can achieve this in 150 PSP games after the release of version 0.1.6 which we’ll be looking at in this article together with Atmosphere 0.14.4!
GePatch 0.1.6 released for the Vita with over 150 playable titles @ 960×544
As the introduction suggests, GePatch is a plugin for the PlayStation Vita that upscales PSP games from the regular 480×272 to 960×544 (Vita’s native resolution) thus making them look much nicer since 4 times the pixels are being rendered. This plugin, by TheFlow, works with Adrenaline and currently boasts of playable results in over 150 PSP games thanks to a community-maintained spreadsheet that combines compatibility data from various end-users.
Throughout the week, this plugin has seen numerous updates that improved its internal workings while also boosting game compatibility with GePatch 0.1.6 being the most recent one with it bringing along:
- Optimised draws to framebuffers
- Signal command behaviour has been added
- According to the aforementioned compatibility spreadsheet, GePatch 0.1.6 brings improvements to the following games:
- Adventures of Gurumin – performance issues have been fixed
- Ikki Tousen: Xross Impact- framebuffer related issues
- LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean – better performance
- LocoRoco – less FPS dips
- Luxor: Pharaoh’s Challenge – no slowdowns
- Saigo no Yakusoku no Monogatari
Tale of the Last Promise – voice desync has been fixed
- Shining Blade – FMVs now work and various glitches have been fixed making it playable
- White Knight Chronicles: Origins – minimap is fixed and the framerate is pretty good
- Zill O’ll Infinite Plus – better performance
You may grab GePatch 0.1.6 by following this link to its GitHub Release Page. You can find out which games work by checking out the official compatibility spreadsheet! TheFlow’s Patreon can be used for donations.
Atmosphere 0.14.4 is out with fixes for Super Mario 3D All-Stars
Moving over to the Nintendo Switch but still keeping focus on older games, SciresM has released Atmopshere 0.14.4 which primarily comes with fixes related to Super Mario 3D All-Stars which is a trilogy of older Mario titles namely Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy. According to its change log, this update brings along:
- Fixes to bugs relating to the jit sysmodule which affected Super Mario 3D All-Stars negatively
- This symodule was added in FW 10.0.0 and has to do with run-time code generation
- Among the bugs fixed, one can find a process handle leak and incorrect handling of service unregistration
- Other minor stuff including a visual indication of whether Mesosphere (Atmosphere’s Horizon OS kernel re-implementation) is being used or not
You may grab Atmosphere 0.14.4 by following this link to its GitHub Release Page.
When it comes to other consoles, the 3DS received TWiLight Menu++ 16.3.0 with numerous bug fixes & Offline Updating Support while also having Linux 5.9.0-rc5 (released this week) ported to it by well-known developer xerpi. All this comes amidst the 3DS officially being discontinued after a 9.5 year long tenure which saw over 75 million units being sold!