3DS Releases: Anemone3DS 2.1.0 with improved banner quality, faster QR reader and many fixes & PKSM 9.0.0/1 with support for Generation 3 games and more!
In the last couple of months, the Nintendo 3DS’ homebrew scene has witnessed a bit of a revival with it earning a Nintendo 64 emulator, getting more cores in RetroArch and receiving updates to various homebrew. Now, it’s received updates to two other popular pieces of homebrew namely Anemone3DS and PKSM which we’ll be looking at in this article!
Anemone3DS 2.1.0 released with better banners, faster QR code reader and various bug fixes – code rewrite is on the cards!
While astronautlevel2‘s Anemone3DS isn’t the only theme manager for the Nintendo 3DS, it is certainly one of the most popular as it allows one to download themes from the internet while also being easy-to-use not to mention it being recommended by certain popular hacking guides.
For over 2 years, the latest version has been version 2.0.1 with development on the utility having mostly fallen silent but a couple of hours ago, Anemone3DS 2.1.0 (Revival Edition) was released with this update bringing along:
- A changed Title ID so you’ll have to uninstall Anemone3DS 2.0.1 or earlier if it is on your system else you’ll have two copies of Anemone3DS
- This was done not to conflict with potential commercial games
- Themes that don’t use an ‘info.smdh’ are no longer supported
- This shouldn’t be an issue as it’s included in most themes including those from ThemePlaza
- The QR code reader, which allows one to download themes by scanning a QR code, is now much faster
- This was done through improved multithreading and switching from pp2d to citro2d for the graphics library
- Banners are now of high quality
- Preview images now display quicker as they don’t wait for audio to finish loading
- A long list of bug fixes which patch up race conditions, memory leaks and various minor issues
PKSM 9.0.0/1 is out with Generation 3 Game Support, Pokemon Templates and more!
It’s a well-known fact that that Pokemon is one of the go-to games on Nintendo platforms with various individuals playing it far more than other games on their Nintendo consoles so obviously, the homebrew scene provided means and ways to edit the games’ saves on the consoles themselves provided they were hacked. One of these means and ways is PKSM, by FlagBrew, for the Nintendo 3DS which is a fully-featured save manager letting you edit saves, verify your modifications and lots more while offering support for both cartridge and original copies of games.
Yesterday, PKSM 9.0.0 was released followed by a bug-fixing 9.0.1 released with the updates bringing along:
- Support for Generation 3 Pokemon games namely Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red & Leaf Green
- One can use this functionality through normal Extra Saves and direct GBA VC saves
- Pokemon Templates, a feature which is inspired by PKHeX’s method of trainer defaults
- It is now possible to legalise Pokemon via the GPSS Mobile application through QR codes or via WiFi
- A legal living Dex has been introduced although it requires an internet connection to function well
- Azure Flute and other unreleased wonder cards are now included in PKSM
- Various bug-fixes
Following rumours of Persona 4 Golden slated to be released on PC this weekend, Atlus released the title on Steam yesterday for $/€20 which coincides with the HD/Full HD patch for the PlayStation Vita version! On the Switch front, NS-USBloader 3.0 and NxNandManager 4.0 were released.