Switch News: Nintendo releases FW 10.0.4 which doesn’t break CFWs & SX OS 3.0.0 Beta released alongside SX Lite & Core installation manuals!
Apparently, Nintendo is still not finished with their FW 10.0.x saga and we’ve just received the 3rd minor update as version 10.0.4. In this article, we’re going to look at this release (and how minor it is) together with a quick look at SX OS 3.0.0 Beta’s release and the publication of SX Core and SX Lite installation manuals!
Nintendo releases FW 10.0.4 for the Switch with minor changes
Yesterday, Nintendo released Firmware 10.0.4 which like Firmware 10.0.3 and 10.0.2 before it is just a minor update which doesn’t change much.
However, this time around, Nintendo actually decided to issue a meaningful change log reading “We have fixed the issue where it was not possible in some countries or regions to add funds using a new credit card or to register credit card information in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch.” and according to yellows8‘s website, a total of 8 titles were updated which obviously include the ‘shop’ title and some web-related applets. As of right now, it hasn’t been confirmed on the SwitchBrew website whether this update fixes any security flaws present in FW 10.0.3.
CFW-wise, there seem to be no reports of the update breaking either SX OS 3.0.0 or Atmosphere 0.12.0 so it’s safe to update if you want to be on the latest and greatest Switch FW while still retaining your CFW!
Team Xecuter releases SX OS 3.0.0 Beta & installation manuals for SX Core & SX Lite
After a pretty long wait and initial mentions popping up as early as last year, SX OS 3.0.0 has finally been released as a beta. This release, which is mostly focused on Switch Lite & Mariko support, comes with the following change log:
- Obviously, support has been added for Switch Lite & Mariko units
- This is due to the fact that SX Lite & SX Core are potentially close to release with many testers already having installed them in their console and shared feedback with Team Xecuter
- Together with the above, support for has been added for the boot methods employed in the SX Core and SX Lite modchips
- This shall allow one to use their SX Core and SX Lite units as they arrive following activation
- It is now possible to use SX OS on systems with a larger NAND (installed through soldering)
- The 2162-0002 error introduced in SX OS 2.9.5 which made some games crash has been fixed
- A regression related to the cheat finder has been fixed and various under-the-hood changes have been performed which can be read about on hexkyz’s Twitter as he analysed some leaked SX OS 3.0.0 images last week.
Other than SX OS 3.0.0, Team Xecuter have also published English installation guides for SX Core & SX Lite and are currently looking for translators to provide translations for less widely-spoken languages with those who have their translation chosen being given an SX Core & SX Lite for free.
Staying on the Switch scene, a 60FPS mod for Borderlands 2:GOTY was released together with vgedit 2.0 which is a homebrew text editor. Dungeons of Daggorath 3DS 1.0 & 1.1 were also released in the last few days and the original GameBoy just got a horror homebrew game called Deadeus! Rinnegatamante also released VitaQuake III 0.9.5 with major performance boosts.