PlayStation 3: Sony releases Firmware 4.86 for their 13 year old console – HFW 4.86 released, SEN Enabler updated & PS3HEN to be updated soon due to no kernel changes!

Aurora

1. Andy says:

I recently checked the updates and 4.86 doesn’t exist, if this was suppose to be an April fools prank then it’s failed since it’s still March 31st.

2. rowjack1993 says:

according to a new article released earlier today, Sony plans to split the Message System, so you cant send messages from ps3 to ps4 or vita, it could be preparation for that.

3. Hattori says:

Probably a patch to disable the messaging to PSVita & PS4, as PlayStation announced earlier.

4. Anxiety says:

So when can I start playing online again cause my computer is currently broke and I can’t spoof.

5. Witchblade says:

Andy Mine just updates a couple of hours ago. 4.86 is live now.

6. Depression says:

I can o online for some reason. i am version 4.85 and i have ps3 hen, i enable hen first then sign in. it works for me.

7. John says:

Sony has nothing to do now with Covid-19 (coronavirus), and in their boredness they come with a solution aganistit it, and voila a great idea PS3 Firmware 4.86 to Head Shot the Evil CFW XD, and soon PS Vita will have Firmware 3.74.
    The heck Sony are you gone mad, PS3 and PS Vita are almost dead.
    XboX 360 no coment X_X.

8. Whaaat? says:

This was to stop the messages from ps4 to ps3 they talked about

9. Chantell says:

Hi there, my ps3 won’t let me update to the 4.86 software, it gets to 21% downloading then it stops and I get an error code 8002G997 I can’t use use my ps3 without it asking for an update

• Bobo says:

I had the same problem. Maybe your bluetooth/wireless hardware is damaged on your ps3. That’s why the ps3 can’t update your bluetooth/wireless hardware. I used to play with wired ps3 controllers cos my wireless hardware function stopped working , so when I had to update ps3 the same thing happened with the update as with you. The update stopped installing at 26%. You could repair your console or buy a cheap second hand console. Or maybe there’s something wrong with your hard drive. Try using a new hard drive.

10. Chino says:

Yo tenía hen para 4.85 perdí todo por esta actualización ya que lo tenia en automático se que no puedo recuperar nada pero quería saber si hay otros modos como hen que pueda aplicar ?

11. gretet says:

A
    U
    R
    O
    Z
    E
    T
    T

12. lollypop says:

and im 13 years later still trying to compile orbital …
    ./freebsd/sys/sys/time.h:45: warning: “ITIMER_PROF” redefined
    45 | #define ITIMER_PROF 2
    In file included from /home/nick/orbital/orbital-qemu/include/qemu/osdep.h:81,
    from ui/orbital.c:25:
    /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/sys/time.h:100: note: this is the location of the previous definition
    100 | #define ITIMER_PROF ITIMER_PROF
    In file included from ./freebsd/sys/sys/proc.h:56,
    from ui/orbital-procs-list.h:28,
    from ui/orbital.c:48:
    ./freebsd/sys/sys/time.h:47:8: error: redefinition of ‘struct itimerval’
    47 | struct itimerval {

13. Ilija says:

Bro I think this is a Aprill fools joke.Juat think about it

14. Saulot says:

It makes sense, since we have to update the Blue Ray players to play the new disks.

15. AHMED QASEM says:

hahahaaaaa ahahahaaaaaaaa gahaahaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

1. April 3, 2020

[…] decided that the PlayStation 3 didn’t have enough firmware updates and went ahead to release Firmware 4.86. However, this firmware didn’t change much in the security department so it was exploitable […]