Switch & PSVita Releases: GameCard Installer NX for the Switch letting you install cartridge games on NAND or SD Card & Quick Power for PSVita adding Stand-By/Shutdown to Quick Menu

Aurora

1. cbxbox says:

A
    U
    R
    O
    Z
    E
    T
    T

2. Jefphar says:

This app in Nintendo Switch will open the flood gates to piracy

• duheht says:

its already opened…

• WakuMan says:

Nah, you can just download the games right now, this is just for people who thinks piracy is bad but doesn’t want to carry their gamecarts.
      Imagine being a pirate and have to rent or buy the games to install them… That makes no sense dude.

• TotalJustice says:

I think the piracy floodgates are already wide open in the switch scene, although I don’t feel like my app promotes it.

People could borrow a game from someone then install it, that would be piracy, but that’s probably as far as it would go. There’s much easier ways for pirates to pirate a huge library of games if they so wanted.

• zfreeman says:

You could argue that this actually fights piracy, as it requires you to use a legitimate copy of a game.

3. Snake218 says:

Can a mod please ip ban or user ban that idiot posting the same over and over? Some people (me included) are taking the decision to not read comments anymore (or even the post)

4. Youffie says:

Woaw . . . Really. . . Team eXcuter SXOS already provide game card dumping since 2 years already !!

• TotalJustice says:

I can assure that they do not offer gamecard installing, no app out there (apart from my old installer called yati) did.

But yeah gamecard dumping is what they had first, and you could install that dumped gamecard. But there was no way to directly install it 😉

• ban cbxbox says:

Imagine being a fanboy for custom firmware of all things

5. TotalJustice says:

I designed this app to ensure piracy increases on the switch. I hope Nintendo suffers financial pain with my app. Thanks the write up Z.

1. January 20, 2020

[…] Friday, developer TotalJustice released GameCard Installer NX, a utility met with a good deal of fanfare as it answered the wishes of many physical game […]

2. January 25, 2020

[…] on the system with just a few simple steps. Unlike TotalJustice’s previous offerings such as GameCard Installer NX, Reset Parental Controls doesn’t come with a GUI interface but a straight-to-the-point […]