PS4 News: Fire30 releases WebKit exploit for PS4 FW 6.00-6.72 giving some hope to future developments

Aurora

1. sadguy says:

5.55 here… I’m still waiting for a jailbreak… I hope for 2020, before the PS5 release

2. DamnSon says:

I wish the Xbox 1 can be exploited too, people are practically throwing them away nowadays. Imagine running Windows 10 or Linux on the X1X.

• Pumpkinspiceb says:

Xbox one just got a retroarch/libretro port through dev mode. You just need to switch your xbone back and forth to play retail games.

3. Saku says:

I own 2 x ps4, bought the second one after growing tired of waiting. I hope I can put it too use soon. Later firmware of ps4 have many great games a hack would open up a great library for us. I don’t think Sony would be pleased by that. Perhaps after ps5 release, ps4 would get less attention by them and then hacking would be more interesting.

4. joemami says:

Cool but how about some news on FF7 demo back ported to 5.05! WOOOOHOOO!

5. zz says:

lets hope that when the ps5 hits this year, some cool exploit will be released. v7+ of the ps4 firmware now officially supports ds4 / remote play on android/ios/macos/window so that’s cool. one can only hope.
    I have a slim sitting on 5.55 for 1.5 years now and will not let it go 🙂

6. Ksp says:

Have 2 PS4s on 505. One slim and One Pro. Had no idea they would become so rare, had I known I would have picked up more. They were literally just sitting around at Toys R Us back the days. Lesson is always get low firm systems as soon as xploits are public. You never know how hard they are to hack.