Switch News: Atmosphère 0.10.0 released with FW 9.1.0 support, memory usage optimisation thanks to rewrites, many bugs fixed and more; SX OS 2.9.3 Beta with FW 9.1.0 support is also out while TX are working on ipatched, mariko & Switch Lite hacking solution!
Firmware 9.1.0 for the Nintendo Switch has been out for around 4 days but it won’t stop you from being on the latest FW with hacks this Christmas as two major CFWs have already been updated with support! In this article, we’ll be looking at the release of Atmosphere 0.10.0 together with a brief look at SX OS 2.9.3 Beta.
Atmosphère 0.10.0 released with FW 9.1.0 support & numerous improvements
Unlike other releases of this very popular CFW, Atmosphère 0.10.0 isn’t considered a proper release but a pre-release so more updates are to be released expected in the near future meaning that if you only update your Switch’s FW/CFW occasionally, you might want to hold off for a bit.
Moving on to the actual release itself, this time we have a pretty major update since Atmosphère 0.10.0 not only brings support for the latest firmware but a part of it has finished its rewriting process meaning that higher-quality code is now present in the CFW which frees up more memory for custom system modules. According to its change log, which is pretty long this time, Atmosphère 0.10.0 brings along:
- Full support for FW 9.1.0
- It is noted that the temporary hid-mitm module will be removed in Atmosphère 0.10.1 so homebrew that wasn’t (re)compiled in the last 3 months will not accept button on FW 9.0.0+ – This means that if you’re using homebrew that’s unlikely to be recompiled with the latest libraries, either stay on Atmosphère 0.10.0 (or lower) or recompile the homebrew yourself
- The rewrite of the Stratosphere portion of the CFW, which deals with custom system modules, has been finished
- This new code improves how IPC services are managed and is much more accurate while also being faster
- Atmosphère now uses less memory thanks to the aforementioned rewrite and this frees up an extra 10MB for custom system modules meaning that you can now run more of such modules simultaneously
- The configuration layout has received minor changes and it’s now stored in “/atmosphere/config/” alongside some renames and minor improvements
- The process override file layout has changed and this is described in the GitHub Release Page below
- Support for the configuration of overriding keys for hbl has been improved, the default amount of memory reserved for applets has been increased and some other minor features together with a whole slew of fixes for minor bugs
Without a doubt, Atmosphère 0.10.0 is an update that brings some important stuff for users of all FW versions and not only those who want to stay on the latest and greatest. However, since it’s a pre-release, waiting for another update might be wise if you only update your Switch’s hacking software every once in a while.
To grab Atmosphère 0.10.0 and read more about it, follow this link to its GitHub Release Page.
SX OS 2.9.3 Beta released with FW 9.1.0
If you use Team Xecuter’s offerings instead of Atmosphère as a CFW on your Switch, then you’ll be pleased to know that SX OS 2.9.3 Beta has been released. Its change log is pretty short and only states that:
- The CFW is now compatible with FW 9.1.0
- Game titles which use newer encryption now function correctly
The release post mentions that Team Xecuter is still working on their promised hacking solution for ipatched, mariko (2019 extended battery life units) and the Switch Lite and stated that they will not disappoint.
To grab SX OS 2.9.3 Beta, check out this link.
Other than the release of these 2 CFWs, ES/FS sigpatches for FW 9.1.0 seem to be making their rounds on the internet so they’re pretty easy to find for those who need them. Homebrew-wise, Reddit user ‘overhovedet’ recently shared his improved build of DevilutionX (Diablo I source port) which might be of interest to some.