PS3 News: multiMAN 4.85 released coming with support for CFW 4.83 to 4.85 – First update to this highly popular backup manager since the release of FW 4.82!
On hacked home consoles like the PlayStation 3, many users stick to using one or two pieces of homebrew usually to manage their games and as a result, there aren’t as many homebrew releases and hype surrounding them. However, backup managers are a homebrew utilities that many PS3 users use on a daily basis and in this article, we’ll be looking at the release of multiMAN 4.85!
What is multiMAN?
As its name suggests, multiMAN is a multi-purpose backup manager for hacked PlayStation 3 consoles that works best on CFW-capable consoles (ManaGunZ is a better option for consoles hacked with PS3HEN). Other than the ability to run backed up PS3 games from internal or external storage, deank‘s multiMAN also has a whole slew of other features including:
- An FTP feature so that you can copy games over to your PS3 on a local network albeit slowly
- A file manager for managing files on local/external storage that comes with a built-in picture viewer and music player
- A highly customisable appearance and add-on support so you can personalise your experience to the maximum
- Many other features including some type of NTFS support and the ability to launch homebrew directly from it
What does multiMAN 4.85 bring along?
- Official support for CFW 4.83 to 4.85
- PS3HEN is not officially supported but a modified version can be found here
- multiMAN now recognises the offsets for FW 4.83/4.84/4.85 and displays the firmware correct version
Thanks to this update, unofficial versions of multiMAN with support for CFW 4.83-4.85 can finally be put to rest as the modifications they did were possibly not ideal. However, no word has been shared on how compatible with PS3HEN this version of multiMAN so users of that should still stick with ManaGunZ.
To get this updated version of multiMAN on your PS3, simply use the online updater or grab the PKG file from the link below. For more homebrew compatible with the recently released FW 4.85, check out PSX-Place thread on the matter.
multiMAN 4.85 download link: https://store.brewology.com/ahomebrew.php?brewid=24