Homebrew Releases: BleemSync 1.2.0 for the PlayStation Classic with RetroArch 1.7.8 and folder/network support, EDuke32 Vita 1.6 with improved GRP file support and 3 more 60FPS mods for Switch games!
From time to time, the PlayStation Classic sees some homebrew releases mostly to improve its emulation capabilities while adding some new features and this time, we have BleemSync 1.2.0 which comes with an updated version of RetroArch and some other goodies. Other than that, the PSVita and Switch scene have also received some love in the with EDuke32 Vita 1.6 and 3 new 60FPS mods being released respectively!
PlayStation Classic: BleemSync 1.2.0 released with RetroArch 1.7.8, network support, folders & more
If you’re not in the loop when it comes to PSC hacking, BleemSync is the earliest and most well-known comprehensive hacking solution for the mini-console.
Compared to other hacking solutions like AutoBleem and RetroBoot, its main aim is to provide a feature packed experience that lets you make use of everything that the PlayStation Classic has to offer including the ability to play its built-in games, add your own games, use emulators and network support among others.
Other than a large amount of features, it also receives updates every few months and now, BleemSync 1.2.0 has landed with the following new stuff:
- The built-in version of RetroArch has been updated to version 1.7.8 which was released last week
- This update comes with lots of features such as an AI service that enables text-to-speech and translation among other things. More about the RA update can be read here.
- Folders, which are managed on-console with an application created specifically for that purpose
- Both stock and external games can be put in folders
- Network support has been added which lets you update RetroArch cores/assets, play certain multiplayer games online and more
- There doesn’t seem to be a list containing all supported WiFi/Ethernet adapters but it’s been confirmed that the TP-Link WN725, ASUS AC-53 NANO, Insignia Gigabit Ethernet are supported. Included network modules can be found here.
- An on-console game manager allowing you to edit game entries and remove them without having to use a PC
- Various improvements and fixes such as better serial identification in the Transfer Tool, a better game database and a fix for issues relating to launching multi-disc games with the built-in emulators
To grab BleemSync 1.2.0 and make the most out of your PlayStation Classic, check out this link which contains both the download links and the instructions required to set up BleemSync. The folks behind BleemSync (ModMyClassic) can be donated to via Patreon or PayPal (link above).
PSVita and Switch Releases: EDuke32 Vita 1.6 & 3 new 60FPS game mods!
On the PSVita front, we have an update to EDuke32 Vita which is a port of the popular Duke3D engine EDuke32 which comes with various features such as support for rendering at higher resolutions and great mod support. Now, Rinnegatamante has updated the PSVita’s port to version 1.6 which brings along:
- BAT scripts can now be used which let you easily define custom launching parameters
- Support for GRP files in SSI format has been added
- Support for internal MID tracks has been added
- Overwriting savefiles now works
- Minor improvements including improved engine time accuracy, a better cache size detector and minor fixes to prevent memory corruption
Going over to the Switch front, masagrator has released another round of 60FPS mods for commercial games and this time around, mods for the following games have landed:
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses – Works with version 1.0.0 and 1.0.1
- Risk Of Rain 2 – Only works with version 1.0.0
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 – Masagrator warns that the Switch’s memory bandwith doesn’t handle the full 60FPS but says that it might be possible to lessen the load on memory bandwith by modifying graphical settings by tweaking the game with his mods
For more news about console hacking, you might be interested in checking out an update to Pingo (PSVita homebrew game) which brings about swipe navigation, a clear leak that FW 9.0.0 for the Switch is coming soon, TwilightMenu++ 9.3.0 and ioQuake3DS 1.1.0 for the 3DS