Vita Homebrew Browser (VHBB) 0.90 Released – Search Functionality, Auto-Updater, Improved Button Navigation, More Accurate Progress Bar And More!
Apparently, today is 0.9 release day as first we got Atmosphere 0.9.0 and some hours later, VHBB 0.90 landed. This release is pretty significant and brings some very useful features including a search function and an auto-updater among other things!
What is VHBB?
Vita Homebrew Browser, VHBB in short, is a homebrew utility by devnoname120 for hacked PlayStation Vita and PSTV consoles that lets you download and install homebrew directly on your device.
As a source, it uses Rinnegatamante’s VitaDB which hosts the vast majority of homebrew available for the PSVita with some notable exceptions such as ONELua homebrew although these could be downloaded through a modded version of VHBB that makes use of another source.
VHBB has quite a bit features which include:
- Support for touch and button controls
- A progress indicator shown when a piece of homebrew is downloaded/installed
- The ability to display textual information and a screenshot when homebrew is selected
- Categories and the ability to install homebrew that comes with data files that need to be extracted to ux0:/data
What does VHBB 0.90 bring along?
Vita Homebrew Browser 0.90 is a pretty significant update and it comes with:
- A search function so you can type in the name of the homebrew you want in order to find it easily
- This is much quicker than having to scroll through long category lists
- An auto-updater has been added so you needn’t update VHBB manually in the future
- Button navigation has been improved and with this update, you can go down lists by holding the down button the D-Pad or using the left analogue stick
- If you’re connected to a WiFi hotspot with a log-in page, the log-in page will now be opened automatically
- The progress bar jumping around issue has been fixed
- Some stability improvements
- Most of the updates above were implemented by @robsdedude
If you have a hacked PSVita, it is highly recommended you update to this version as it has a lot of useful features and I personally found it quite stable from my testing experience. To grab its VPK to install via VitaShell, check out the link below.
As there’s a lot of homebrew available for the Vita, picking something might be a bit hard so you should check out this article about some of the best homebrew mini-games available for the console if you’re into that type of thing. To report issues that pop up while using VHBB, go to the Issues Tab of the GitHub link below and describe your issue there.
VHBB 0.90 download link + changelog: https://github.com/devnoname120/vhbb/releases