Atmosphère 0.8.10 released with the ability to change region/language on a per-game basis and PS3HEN updated to version 2.1.1 with 4.82 CEX support and more!
In both the PS3 and Switch homebrew scenes, continuous improvement is a theme as the folks behind major software are always finding ways to make it better. This time, we’ll be looking at the just released Atmosphere 0.8.10 and PS3HEN 2.1.1!
Nintendo Switch: Atmosphère 0.8.10 released with support for overriding the language/region of a specific game
In a nutshell, Atmosphère is a CFW for Nintendo Switch consoles that are vulnerable to the fusee-gelee exploit. This CFW allows you to make your Switch more useful by letting you installing homebrew (such as Reicast which is a Dreamcast emulator and many open-source ports like NXQuake), overclock your device to 1.785GHz with sys-clk and also modify commercial games among other things.
Every couple of weeks, Atmosphère receives an update and this time we have version 0.8.10 which brings along:
- Support for changing the language/region on a per-game basis
- This can be done by editing “atmosphere/titles/<title id>/config.ini” and following the syntax in the release link below
- Features that check for button presses now listen to all controllers and not just P1
- The ‘boot’ system module has been re-implemented and it preserves AutoRCM during NAND repair thus fixing an edge case in which fuses could be burnt
- A bug that caused incorrect memory allocation on FW 5.0.0 has been fixed which results in sysmodules having an extra 12MB of memory allocated to them
To grab Atmosphère 0.8.10, press this link and download the ZIP file provided. It’s important to note that hacking your Switch still carries a real risk of getting banned so thread with caution!
PlayStation 3: PS3HEN 2.1.1 released with 4.82 CEX support and more
A little under a month ago, nonCFW PS3 consoles (Late Slim/SuperSlim) were liberated which meant they could finally run homebrew and some CFW features thanks to the PS3HEN hack. Ever since its release, this hack has seen numerous updates which added features and squashed bugs with the latest iteration being the recently released version 2.1.1
PS3HEN 2.1.1 brings about some stuff which includes:
- OFW 4.82 CEX is now supported so you needn’t update to HFW 4.84 in order to use PS3HEN if you’re too lazy to do so
- The freezing issues experienced in PSNPatch have been fixed which means that it may a bit safer to go online now if you use PSNPatch although there’s still the risk of getting banned
- Stability patches have been added to the initial boot process
- HFW Tools will no longer disappear as Remap for HFW_settings is now fully protected
- PKG linker entries have been added to category_game.xml
In order to grab this updated version of PS3HEN, you may either visit this link OR use the XMB HEN update feature that was introduced with PS3HEN 2.0.2. Checking out PSX-Place’s FAQ on PS3HEN is also recommended as it contains a lot of important information in one place!
On the other hand, if you want to check out something that doesn’t have to do with the PS3 or Switch, you may want to get The Sims 4 on Origin right now as it’s free for a limited time 😉 (Neither Wololo nor I are associated with the Origin link provided or with EA Games)