Significant PS3/PSVita Updates: PS3HEN 2.0.2 with PS2 Classics Launcher Support, RAP activation on-the-fly and More; LMAN releases an unofficial update to NoNpDRM with a fix for shared DLCs!
When new hacks are made available, numerous updates to homebrew and the hack itself are made available and PS3HEN is no exception. This time, we have PS3HEN updated to version 2.0.2 and an update to LMAN’s unofficial NoNpDRM version!
PS3HEN updated to version 2.0.2 with PS2 Classics Launcher support and more!
Around two weeks ago, an anonymous developer released PS3HEN and noCFW PS3 consoles were finally able to run native PS3 homebrew and some CFW features for the first time.
Following its release, PS3HEN received numerous updates, first with some minor updates and then a bump to version 2.0 which brought about some pretty important things like ISO and Kernel plugin support. Now, PS3HEN 2.0.2 has been released and it brings along:
- PS2 Classics Launcher support has been added
- On-the-fly RAP activation with the default paths being usb000/exdata/<rap> or usb001/exdata/<rap>
- Hybrid Firmware Tools are now available when you have HEN activated
- The application restriction for Remote Play with PC was removed
- Game compatibility has been improved with games such as Call Of Duty 3 which crashed now working
- Official firmware updates through the internet have been blocked, a HEN Updater in the Network section has been added and many other features
- Many issues were fixed including one regarding official NPDRM content RIF deletion, installing all packages and explore_plugin patches.
To grab PS3HEN 2.0.2, follow this link (it’s at the bottom) and make sure you verify its MD5 hash before installing.
Please note that there’s an increased chance of getting banned on PSN if you use PS3HEN so usage should be at your own risk if you’re connected to the internet!
LMAN releases an unofficial update to NoNpDRM bringing about fumu-no-kagomeko’s shared DLC fix
NoNpDRM is a plugin by TheFlow which effectively disables DRM protection on native PSVita games thus allowing you to play your own dumped games on deactivated consoles, lets you run some demos as full games and greatly facilitates you know what to be possible among other things.
Other than TheFlow’s official version, there’s also LMAN’s unofficial version which takes the same code of TheFlow’s plugin and has a few extra features that are not present in the latest official NoNpDRM release (version 1.4). The latest version of LMAN’s unofficial version of NoNpDrm brings along:
- A fix, by Fumu-no-Kagomeko, for a bug in fake license generation for shared DLCs
- This fix is present in NoNpDrm’s GitHub repository and TheFlow has merged it but there’s isn’t an officially compiled version by TheFlow with it included
Other than having a slightly newer codebase, LMAN’s unofficial version of NoNpDrm also includes support for generating fake license files for themes and support for checking whether existing fake licenses exist before generating such a license.
To grab LMAN’s unofficial NoNpDRM plugin, check out his website and copy the SKPRX to your PSVita. The RAR file that contains the updated plugin also comes with its changelog and source code.
For further updates relating to PS3HEN stuff, you should surely follow esc0rtd3w’s Twitter and check out PSX-Place’s FAQ page about it as it has loads of important information about the hack in one place. On the other hand, if the PS3 or PSVita aren’t your jam, you might be interested in NulledPointer’s PS4HEN 2.1.1 release or melonDS’ recent progress with high-resolution rendering!