Belickade Creates 209 Nice Looking Custom-Made PS1 Bubbles With Manuals For the PSVita – Your favourite PS1 games can now have a LiveArea bubble without any effort!
Ever wanted to have LiveArea bubbles for your favourite PlayStation 1 games but were too lazy to do them? Well, you’re not alone… However, Reddit user Belickade has come to the rescue with an excellent solution so that you can have fully fledged LiveArea bubbles without doing any work!
What are Belickade’s Custom PS1 Bubbles?
These LiveArea bubbles are shortcuts for Adrenaline, TheFlow’s ePSP hack, that open PlayStation 1 games. With them, you can open PlayStation 1 games through the PSVita’s home screen similarly to how PS1 Classics downloaded from PSN behave. Other than simply being convenient, Belickade’s bubbles also have a couple of features including:
- A very nice-looking custom design that’s much better than the bland bubble design that PS1 Classics downloaded from PSN have
- Manuals that are ripped from official PS1 Classic bubbles
- Custom-made bubble icons that look much better than the ones Sony gave official PS1 Classics bubbles
- Obviously, the bubbles don’t come with the games themselves so you must provide your own PSP2PSX EBOOT.PBP files
In total, there are 209 bubbles which includes every NA PS1 Classic excluding a few titles that Belickade couldn’t rip the manuals for. Popular titles that have custom bubbles include Chrono Trigger, Spyro and Final Fantasy VII so you’re bound to find a bubble for most of your favourite games!
How do I install them?
Installing Belickade’s Custom PS1 bubbles is pretty easy but before you do so, make sure you have the following installed on your PSVita/PSTV:
- Adrenaline Bubble Booter
- You have to download AdrBubbleBooterCreator from this link and then install AdrBubbleBooterInstaller.vpk to get the Adrenaline Bubble Booter files on your PSVita
- Obviously, you need TheFlow’s Adrenaline as these bubbles are shortcuts for it at heart
- While it’s not required for the bubbles to function, you should also install Adrenaline Bubble Manager so that you could modify the bubble’s behaviour on your PSVita after installing it
After installing the prerequisites, you have to do the following to install the bubbles on your device:
- Grab the LiveArea bubble 7z file for the game you want by following these links:
- Extract the 7z file you just downloaded and take note of the directory structure as that is the directory where you should place your game’s EBOOT.PBP (example: pspemu\PSP\Game\NPUJ01363\)
- Copy the game’s EBOOT.PBP to the directory you just took note of and also copy the VPK from the extracted 7z to your PSVita via FTP/USB
- Install the VPK you just copied over through VitaShell
- Enjoy your LiveArea bubble! 🙂
Thanks to Belickade, you can bypass using XMB to navigate to your PS1 games and make your PSVita feel more like a PSVita than a glorified PSP! Now, go fill up your microSD card with PlayStation 1 games and create a LiveArea page or two full of PS1 bubbles 😉
Belickade’s Reddit Thread (More Information): https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/bgpqlf/release_custom_ps1_adrenaline_bubbles_w_manuals/