Release: VitaQuakeIII 0.7
Developer Rinnegatamante has released a new version of his PS Vita port of Quake III. The popular port has made great progress since its initial release almost a year ago, and it’s great to get regular updates!
This release brings significant performance improvements. The Developer recommends in particular to play the game at a 480×272 resolution, which massively enhances the framerate while negative impact from the lower resolution is minimal.
Other changes from this release (from the changelog):
- Updated to latest ioquake3 source.
- Updated to latest vitaGL source.
- Added MSAA 4x support (always active).
- Improved performances and resource consumption of the renderer.
- Added OpenArena support (NOTE: Read the updated first post), it will be fully playable since it’s a free alternative to Quake III.
Download VitaQuake III
Source: Rinnegatamante on /talk