reF00D released for the PSVita / PSTV – You can now play FW 3.69 games on older firmwares without compatibility packs!

Aurora

1. Wow! No more needing to update 😀

• duh_dehtt says:

now aurora zett can p i r a t e all the way it want!

that naughty being deleted my previous comment, that only proves me right.

2. Jgr9 says:

You mention the web browser. Has the web browser even been updated at all since 3.60?

3. theWat says:

Do you guys think we’re ever going to see a custom UI home screen kind of like the PSP custom theme/UI.

4. ZpectroO says:

Where is the ref00d.skprx file?

5. cracker says:

I doubt that Sony will leave it at 3.69. Even after 6 years in EOL, they released an update for the PSP. Not that it matters for this hack anyway.

6. acromioclavicular says:

Sometimes an updated game doesn’t work with the compatiblity pack. WIll reF00d work even after updating a game?

7. Gjn says:

Pure art of work . Absolutely magnificent

8. Alpmaster007 says:

Why does the post literally state what $ony could do by using the terms. Im sure $ony knows about this website. Sony decides to change both the NPDRM and SPKG key. Just like how Nintendo changed the keys for the Switch so we can’t use CDN anymore.

• cracker says:

Sony knew what they could do before the blog post was made, but it wouldn’t take long at all because the chain of trust is broken so high up and any new keys from new firmware can be found.

• Binbo says:

not like they developed the console and its security functions, obviously they wouldn’t know how to “fix” this breach. that being said, they probably couldn’t patch it permanently (the article even states that would *temporarily* stop this from working)

9. D4rk51d3 says:

Works like a charm. Big thanks to all involved.

10. nebu_187 says:

so glad im still on 3.60 and never updated for newer games 😀
    Patience always pays off on the hacking side of things.

11. duh_dehtt says:

now aurora zett can p i r a t e all the way it want!

12. Wolololo says:

Zett lady boy

13. invaderyoyo says:

I can’t get it to work on my 3.65 enso Vita. When I try to open a game it says you must update your system software. It works fine on my non enso Vita.

Any ideas?

1. January 15, 2019

[…] the npdrm keys remained identical to those found in FW 3.69 and 3.68, reF00D will still work out the box without any […]