PS4 exploits: the status for 5.5x and 6.0x owners (5.50, 5.53, 5.55, 5.56, 6.00, 6.02)

1. thelastnoob says:

(finally)

2. Bryan says:

Useless article.

3. sora0hearts says:

Well its an article that got me excited… sad to see that most homebrewers will just release it if they can make something more out of the console.

4. DevilGearHill says:

I can wait for as long as it takes.
    I took one single quality from Evil. The ability to wait patiently. In other words – I am Michael Myers of piracy :3

Thank you Wololo, for all your work and for bringing all of this info to us. Keep up the good work 😉

5. Samyperfex says:

Ps4 scene is dead and hackers who have somthing are so greedy about it. I have a console on 5.50 and another on 5.55 i was so damn unlucky buyin those and im stuck on these damn fw for a long time hoping something eventually will come. I wish ps4 scene was like switch. Somtimes i miss Good old ps3 days…

6. TheWaitContinues says:

I’ll continue pirating on my switch until an update for my PS4 comes out so I can play red dead (legally of course, I like buying physical copies on PS4).

7. Relys says:

How can you not mention PS4 Aux Hax (the new way to get code exec on the Southbridge over HDMI-CEC)?

8. Not wololo says:

Is PS4 going to be first console in history without having released a hack in it latest firmware in all its history?

9. duh_dehtt says:

Looks like you finally ditched aurora aka the zett

10. tim says:

Short answer: they havent figured out how to fully pwn the ps4. They could release a new exploit for current fw only for sony to fix it overnight.

11. Megumihan says:

Lol They’re afraid of releasing because they scared that the console will be discontinued.

12. Kislorod says:

Why are they so surprised? Noone gives a f about homebrew on big consoles nowadays. Well, except for a few individuals. Everything homebrew provides you can do better on PCs/notebooks. Even emulators are supereasy now: just plug your DualShock 4 in the USB port of your computer, launch Retroarch, and here you have every emulator you will ever need. 99% of people interested in “homebrew” are interested in piracy. Stop cosplaying white knights or ***. Portable consoles are another story… Emulators are really useful there.

13. nait says:

The guy has an IQ of room temperature, if he thought that hacking the GAME CONSOLE, waiting for homebrew…

14. Kevin says:

What do they expect if the exploits aren’t more up to date?

• DeeBG says:

It’s a “chicken and an egg” situation… hackers want more homebrew before releases are made (which sounds a bit like an excuse) and homebrew devs want a wider audience (they might not an exploitable system themselves).

15. ksp says:

More and more hackers are holding onto exploits for an end of cycle release so the entire game catalog can be dumped without the need for an unnecessary cat and mouse game .
    I expect the same for PS4 scene. Expect a eventual 6xx exploit released when Sony begins to pull the plug on PS4 and most if not all PS4 games have been released.
    The scene has evolved to hold onto exploits for a bigger catalog, its smart.

16. Przemek says:

Mathieulh is normal scene troll, writing about him uselles.

1. December 11, 2018

[…] we could be looking at some good news for people on recent firmwares including 6.02, who have been waiting for a hack for quite some […]