PSVita releases: rePatch 3.0 with uma0 support, no more rePatch AIDS, and faster mod load times; and Vita Moonlight 0.4.1 released with a connection issue fix with GFE 3.16
More than 2 years after HENkaku being released, the Vita is still getting its own share of releases. This time we have rePatch 3.0, with some pretty useful features, and an update to Vita Moonlight to address an annoying issue.
rePatch 3.0 released: uma0 support, the death of rePatch AIDS , faster load times and more
rePatch reDux0 is a plugin by dots-tb, with help from CelesteBlue and SilicaAndPina, that’s well-known for giving you the ability to load decrypted content (DLC and mods) on firmwares higher than 3.60 (as they started disallowing ux0:/patch to be used for such purposes). Other than that, it could also do other stuff such as letting you load compat packs which let you play FW 3.67/8 games on FW 3.60/5.
Now, rePatch has been updated to version 3.0 and this brings along the following:
- Support for loading files from uma0 and other partitions. That being said, you can only load games from a single partition per game
- Some mods, like Superbeat Xonic Extended, now load faster
- The Sony overlay system is now used and this allows you to create files as long as the game you’re using supports this
- You can now inject custom manuals and changelogs
- Compatibility packs are now supported in the official release branch (they previously only worked with rePatch 2.71 which was an Alpha release)
- rePatch AIDS is no longer needed
To grab rePatch 3.0, simply follow this link and install the kernel plugin in ur0:/tai or ux0:/tai.
Vita Moonlight updated to version 0.4.1
Vita Moonlight is a homebrew application that lets you stream your desktop’s or laptop’s screen to your PSVita provided your computer has a supported Nvidia graphics card and you have a good local internet connection
Version 0.4.1 of Moonlight for the Vita is a bug fix release that comes with the following:
- Moonlight-common-c was updated and this fixes connection problems with the latest version of Geforce Experience which is 3.16.
If you wish to install this update, you may either get it through VHBB or by installing the VPK downloaded from here.
If you encounter any issues, report them to the Issues Tab of the GitHub pages linked above. Now, go mod your games and enjoy streaming your favourite PC games/emulators 😉
rePatch AIDS screenshot editing done with MS Paint 😉
rePatch 3.0 trailer
— 『L E G R E Q U I E M』 (@TheRadziu) November 16, 2018