This week (July 12-19 2018) in PSVita homebrew: PSV VSH Menu v3, CEX2REX for 3.65, rePatch and UAE4ALL updated and more!
In 10 days, HENkaku will have its 2nd anniversary and quite surprisingly, the homebrew scene for the PSVita is still kicking. This week brought about some updates to PSV VSH Menu, a must-have plugin for the PSVita, the release of CEX2REX for FW 3.65 and more!
PSV VSH Menu updated to version 3
In a nutshell, PSV VSH Menu is a plugin that allows you to overclock your PSVita, quickly switch to apps with its shortcuts and view your battery percentage/temperature. Apparently, Joel16 isn’t quite fully finished with it and has now updated it to version 3 which brings some welcome improvements. Currently, PSV VSH Menu stands at version 3.2 and the following has been added in versions 3.x:
- A new button combo to pop up the menu has been added. This combination is L1 + R1 + SELECT- version 3.2
- This alternative combination avoids conflicts with games that reset when you press START. Obviously, the old button combination with START still works
- Configuration files are automatically loaded when you boot your PSVita/PSTV and the custom clock speeds you set are automatically loaded when you load up your game – version 3.2
- A bug was fixed in which some games didn’t allow PSV VSH Menu to open. – version 3.1
- Now, the plugin works with games that require FW 3.61 or higher. – version 3.1
- An issue was fixed in which some games didn’t allow you to change any of PSV VSH Menu’s settings – version 3.1
As you can see, these updates are quite substantial so even if you don’t use this plugin too often, you should take the time to update it! To get the plugin, simply follow this link and remember to also install the kuio plugin (included in the given link).
CEX2REX updated for FW 3.65
A good deal of consumer products don’t have everything enabled out of the box and the PSVita is no exception. Thankfully, with the work of SilicaAndPina, SKGleba, CelesteBlue, Voxel9 and Zecoxao, you can turn your PSVita into a REX (Retail-Debug) console and get some extra features. Now, CEX2REX, the homebrew which turns your Vita into a REX unit, has been updated to support firmware 3.65!
Among the features that REX offers, we find:
- The ability to set your screen auto-turnoff time to 1 minute or never
- Presence of the Debug Utility and Package Installer
- Unlock All option for the Trophy application although I have no idea why you’d want to do this
- Debug Settings
- Other features such as quick sign-up and the removal of the Playstation shortcut from the browser
While using CEX2REX is quite safe, it must be noted that there’s still a slim chance of something going wrong as this hack modifies system files. If you’re courageous enough and think that the features offered are worth the risk, simply follow this link and install it through VitaShell! Remember to read the notes in the given GitHub link before installing anything.
Apart from PSV VSH Menu version 3 and CEX2REX for 3.65, this week also brought along:
- Improvements relating to slow finger movement in UAE4ALL2, Enigma and ScummVM
- rePatch was updated to fix the suspend issue on FW 3.67/8
- The Higurashi When They Cry port was updated to version 2.7.7 which fixes a bug when script files don’t give the correct the file extension.
To get the homebrew listed in the article, simply press the inline hyperlinks. If you encounter any issues, report them in the Issues Tab of the GitHub pages in the links. Some of the homebrew mentioned in the article is available on VitaDB so you can get it directly on your PSVita by using Vita Homebrew Browser (VHBB)!