PSVita Saves now online – Sharing decrypted saves has never been easier!
Have you ever wanted to download a save file for a game that you didn’t unlock everything in? If so, PSVita Saves is the website for you since it lets you do just that!
What is PSVita Saves?
As the title suggests, it’s a website that allows you to download and upload save data for various PSVita/PSTV games. Getting finished save data is extremely useful if:
- A game requires you to unlock certain songs/levels but you don’t feel like unlocking everything and just want to play a specific song/level.
- You wish to gather all items in a game without much hassle
- You don’t feel up to the task of hacking a save data but would still like perks such as extra in-game currency
- Many other scenarios
This website is by Reddit user ‘AlwaysTryAnotherName’ and it’s been up for about 3 days. Unfortunately, there aren’t many saves on there but there are quite a few that you could check out.
Currently, the website isn’t in awful shape but there are some things I’d like to see improve such as:
- Showing the game name (and not only the game ID) in the recent upload list
- A system in which the uploaded zip files containing saves are manually (or automatically) checked since abuse is quite easy to carry out unfortunately
How do I upload my game saves and apply downloaded ones?
First of all, you need to download Vita Save Manager and install it on your PSVita. Remember, all game saves must be decrypted to be usable by others!
To upload games:
- Dump your game saves through Vita Save Manager
- Open VitaShell and start a USB/FTP connection with your computer/mobile device
- Go to ux0:/data/savegames
- Copy the folder of the game ID you wish to upload your save data for to your computer/mobile device
- Use an archiving utility and zip the folder you just copied.
- (Optional) Remove any extra SLOTs to only upload a single SLOT so it’s less confusing for others to install
- Follow the link below and upload your ZIP file.
To download games:
- Download the save data of your choice from the website
- Extract it and copy the resulting folder to ux0:/data/savegames
- Open Vita Save Manager and restore that save data into your game!
Hopefully, the website will get many more saves and will be improved in the future. To visit it and upload /download game save data, simply follow the link below!
If you have any issues, report them to the owner on the Reddit thread or Discord channel linked below!
PSVita Saves website: http://psvitasaves.xyz/
Uploading page (formatting needs to be fixed up a bit but it’s mostly intact) : http://psvitasaves.xyz/upload/
Reddit thread (report issues): https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/7z3phv/psvita_gamesave_sharing_site/
Discord channel (username: coderx3#8120): https://discord.gg/UthXmk5