Heads up: 1 Year Playstation Plus Code $39.99 (33% off) on Amazon again (as of 11/20/2017, 2pm, JST)

Hydra Castle Labyrinth port released for the Vita/PSTV – Yet another great side scroller to play on the go!

Aurora

I’m a girl that’s liked technology from day 1. Mostly interested in the PSVita/PSP scene but I’ve always modded my stuff when it’s possible, that is :)

Contact me via DM at @KawaiiAuroraA on Twitter if you have any questions/concerns about my articles or if you have any article requests.

1. p0ng says:

Where can I find more cool games like this?

• doo says:

Developer is E. Hashimoto. He tried selling some of these games but gave up on that, however he managed to sell their rights to a company… that’s likely Nicalis since they mistakenly had the Hydra Castle Labyrinth on one of their Nintendo Switch coverage.

The dev made these, plus smaller games (like King which is a puzzle platformer, or a Snake like game, or a basic shooter)

Buster (X68000)
      Buster (PC, 2006) (platformer, hard as nails)
      Akuji the Demon (platformer)
      Guardian of Paradise (zelda inspired)
      Hydra Castle Labyrinth (metroidvania inspired by msx stuff like maze of galious, similar to la-mulana)

All of them are on PC, though Hydra Castle Labyrinth had a port for the 3DS (with source code for it and unfinished Wii and PSP ports that I’m sure were useful for this Vita port) but it was anonymously on 4chan.

2. p0ng says:

To install:

1. Install HCL.vpk
    2. Extract HCL.zip file to ux0:data/
    3. Enjoy 🙂

3. Scrappy says:

Cool artwork!

4. Manekineko says:

The sound glitches and gets distorted from time to time, generally when switching or repeating tracks. Other than that, a pretty decent game; very reminiscent of Maze of Galious, but more fair and without the ugly MSX graphics.

5. lollypop says:

so is there already ps3 webkit for henkaku or is the shareexploit still hot ?
    some question for ps4 is there allready ps4 webkit henkaku vpk ?
    waiting greatly

6. Syncnel says:

Nice, i’ll try this.

7. Ganix says:

why is it only black screen on my ps vita? anyone has same problem?

8. a says:

Maybe you installed the game on an unsupported folder.
    v.1.1 got recently released, check if that fixes your problem.