How to improve PS4 Remote Play on PC

1. Jeffrey says:

2.4GHz has bigger range and 5GHz is better quality and generally faster.

• Clankmon says:

Thanks Jeffrey. I was just thinking the same thing.

• Ricochet90 says:

I came to say exactly the same.

Another tip that works for me when using wifi is to turn off the bluetooth of any nearby devices if you are using the 2.4 ghz band,since the bluetooth uses the same band (and in the case of my laptop the wifi and the bluetooth use the same chip) the signal gets interference and the quality worsens.

2. throwaway says:

5Ghz is faster and 2.4Ghz is more range though…

3. warfaren says:

The direct connection is for Ad-hoc wifi between Vita and PS4. I’m sure it’s not better than a regular all-wired connection between your PS4, router and PC.

4. MarSprite says:

Higher frequency waves consume their energy faster, and thus do not travel as far. Higher frequency waves are in theory capable of transmitting information faster. The 2.4 ghz N standard is pretty polished at this point, while the 5ghz AC standard is rather new and implementations can be imperfect.
    Reducing the number of wireless devices connected to your network and/or active around your network is a pretty effective method to improve your wireless communication. A wired connection is definitely going to be better than a wireless connection though if you can handle the cord shackling your equipment.

• Ricochet90 says:

the 5ghz is not inherently faster,the thing is that almost all things that use a wireless receiver use the 2.4ghz band so the 5ghz band is much less crowded.

the speed is provided by the wifi ac standard.

By the way,the wifi n standard has an (optional) 5ghz mode too,this is something that not many people know because the vast majority of devices that support the wifi N standard (including the PS4) don’t support the 5ghz band.

5. PSN Deaofly says:

Don’t forget ports. Remote Play has it’s own set of ports that need to be forwarded along with the PSN ports. I explain this to people all the time that have issues with remote play and it falls down on ports not being forwarded.

6. Zeke says:

I don’t use the Remote Play option but as general advice a modified router can help, depending on your region. For example here in the UK most wireless G/N devices go up to 11 (it’s one louder) but after installing DD-WRT on a couple of different routers they can be set to channel 13, which is less congested. All the devices I’ve used with wireless G/N support this channel and it does work better because most routers default to channel 1 or 6. This way dual band N uses channels 13 and 9. Not perfect, but if you’re in the 2.4Ghz band in the UK it does help.

7. Daniel Pindell says:

Port forwarding of TCP port 9295, and UDP ports 9296 and 9297. If these ports are unavailable, it might be possible to use ports 9295 through 9304 for both TCP and UDP

8. wololoid says:

This gave me the idea to create a direct connection between the PS4 and the PC with an ethernet cable, and actually, this doesn’t only work better, it WORKS PERFECLTY! I mean no lag, no connection loss, no imperfection, no nothing. The only trick is, you have to share your PC’s wifi connection over ethernet to your PS4. Once that’s done, no matter how slow or unstable your network is, the computer will communicate flawlessly with the PS4. Enjoy!

9. Bugsy says:

1) turn of wifi powersave on Vita
    2) configure router to 20/40 mhz, don’t set to 40mhz only, 20/40/80 for 5g
    3) set router to auto select channel
    4) make sure router firmware is up to date

10. I’m curious to find out what blog platform you happen to be utilizing? I’m experiencing some minor security issues with my latest website and I would like to find something more risk-free. Do you have any suggestions?