ARK-3 Source Code released.
A while ago Coldbird and I decided to finish the ARK project for good and add all the missing features that need to be added. So we began working on its next iteration, ARK-3.
However things got cold and little to no information has been released so far about the project. This is mainly because Coldbird and I don’t go out publicly too often and because we have problems finding time for the project.
ARK-3 is a Custom Firmware (eCFW) for the emulated PSP on the Vita (ePSP). It is essentially a reworked version of PROVita/ARK-1, a port of the PRO CFW for the PSP.
It’s features include:
– Full compatibility with PSP home brews and games.
– ISO and CSO support through the Inferno ISO Driver as well as compatibility with the M33, ME and NP9660 drivers.
– Compatibility with PSX games under PSP exploits with partial sound through PEOPS.
– Partial compatibility with PSX exploits.
– Compatible with up to firmware 3.52
– Built in menu with advanced features like PMF playback, FTP, CFW settings and more. It is also compatible with other popular menus such as ONEmenu and 138Menu.
There’s still a lot of things to do here, most importantly:
– Finish porting ARK-3 to PSX exploits.
– Finish the PEOPS port by improving compatibility and adding game-specific configurations to the built-in database.
– Port 3.5X kernel exploits.
Hopefully releasing the source code calls the attention of other developers that might want to contribute to the project. Anyone is now free to do so.
The project is hosted in the following bitbucket repository: https://bitbucket.org/Coldbird/ark3