PS Vita DB Theme Installer Updated!
Last time we talked about PS Vita DB Theme Installer, it had just been released, in it’s 1.0 version.
Well, it has been updated, all the way up to 1.3, to make the theme installing process easier and better than ever! From the official website:
What is PS Vita DB Theme Installer?
PS Vita DB Theme Installer is a tool written in JAVA that will simplify the installation of PSVita custom themes in your app.db file.
With this application infact you can install a new custom theme in your PSVita app.db file automatically. All you need to do is to pass a app.db file and your custom theme info, the program automatically will write every record in the db by itself.
In addition to string and integer params this program supports also SQL blobs, so you can give your theme even a title and an author. In this way, in your PSVita Theme Settings page there will be really no difference between an official theme and your custom theme!
- Added a new function to send an email to your PSVita already preset to get the app.db file through the known Mr. Gas’ mail trick method:
- Added a new function to send an email to your PSVita with the modified app.db as attachment! The email will be already preset to be ready to install the app.db file through the known Mr. Gas’ mail trick method:
This new feature will be available immediately after writing the changes to app.db or even activable by the user manually by clicking on the specific button after loading a app.db with the application.
- Slightly changed the GUI with the addition of two new buttons for the two new features above:
- Added a function to clean and compact the database (using the SQL command VACUUM). This will reduce the size of your app.db, especially if it is very old, deleting all obsolete tables and records. The following is an example about the gain I got with my old app.db using this function:
- Added a button near every text field that will open a new dialog with a preview screenshot of where the string will appear on PSVita:
- Changed and improved the explanation about the “Main Folder Path” parameter since it seems that was not very clear.
- Opened a collaborative translation project on OneSkyApp, so if you wish to contribute with a translation for the program now you can do it.
- Added a function to import a theme.xml file and get data (if any) from it. In this way filling in the various text fields, especially those related to the theme’s file paths, should be even faster now!
- Slightly remodelled the GUI
- Now the option to do a backup of the app.db file before writing is enabled by default
- Added the French translation by Yattoz
- Fixed a spelling error in the English translation (thanks to HarmfulMushroom for reporting this)
So, a lot of features have been added and corrected, one of those being the program being able to automatically send an preset email to your address to fetch your PS Vita’s app.db AND another one to send the modified app.db to your PS Vita, so you don’t have to mess around in your Email application (the computer one, that is).
Another added feature is it being able to show you a preview of what every option does in the PS Vita, so you know exactly what it’ll do.
This makes the program a lot easier to use, and therefore, modifying your Vita. So, what are you waiting for to install them custom themes?
You can get the program here (direct link)
Source: Redsquirrel Official Website