Tutorial: Dump your own Vita IDPS!
We all know that the Vita PSP Emulator was vulnerable as heck, so this time too. The PSP Emulator and the Vita itself shares the same Infos, like the IDPS. It was also possible to grab it easily from the PSP side trough calling the ID Storage Keys like Yoti IDPS Dumper for PSP does do it. I dumped also the IDPS from my Vita and compared it with an PSP IDPS from the same Region, there also use the same Target ID (6th Byte) as example 0x03 for Japan or 0x05 for Europe. The dumping process seems at the moment to work only via TN-V, the ARK eCFW seems not to recognize the functions to call the ID Storage. So if you’re interested Qwikrazor87 released TN-V11 (this time a stable Version from Total_Noob) for FW 3.5X with his PBOOT Bubble Method, so it was now possible to make a PS Vita IDPS research!
All you need is a PS Vita / TV with FW 3.52 or below, well you can use it on 3.55 too but if you don’t setup it before you got no chance to install it (yet).
- Setup the TN-V11 eCFW on your PS Vita / TV trough following Qwikrazor87’s instructions.
- Download Yoti’s PSP IDPS Dumper and rename the EBOOT.PBP in his Package too RECOVERY.PBP and put it with the regedit.prx into the Exploit Folder.
- Launch TN-V11 and go to the TN Recovery Menu > Run program at /TNV_00000/RECOVERY.PBP and start it.
- If the IDPS Dumper was successfully executed your now be able to see your Vita IDPS. Congrats!
- DO NOT share ever the IDPS, otherwise you will be banned very quickly from Sony if someone abuse it.