How To: Play PS4 Remote Play on Android with Dualshock 4
Note from Wololo: This tutorial was initially published by /Talk member DPyro, as part of our monthly tutorial contest. DPyro won the best PS4 tutorial prize in June (a $10 PSN Code) for his entry. You can find the original post here.
- Android 4.0+
- Sixaxis Controller App
- Remote Play Android Port
- Root access
- Download and install Sixaxis Controller App and Remote Play Port
- Open Sixaxis app and enable it in language & keyboard settings
- Connect a usb dongle cable to your android device and DS4 and click pair. The app will ask for permission to access the USB, click OK
- Click change IME and select Sixaxis controller
- Click preferences at top right of app and click gamepad settings, enable gamepad
- Exit preferences and click start, unplug usb cable and click PS button on DS4. Controller should now be synced
- Open remote play app, click next and enter login details. Remote play should connect to PS4
Alternative method to pair DS4:
If you don’t have a USB dongle or USB dongle is not supported on your device, you will need to manually pair the DS4. Download SixaxisPairTool for PC and plug your DS4 into your PC. Run the app and hand type the MAC address into Sixaxis controller app on android.
Want a chance to win a $10 PSN Code and be featured on the blog with your own guide? Join our monthly tutorial contest here!