Heads up: Horizon Forbidden West available for Preorder on Amazon: PS5 - PS4 (affiliate link)

10 Days of Basic Programming, Day 5: containers and declarations

Acid_Snake

I like beer.

1. Dr.Duster says:

First?

2. Yoon says:

Can i ask you for some book recomendations for intermediate C++ and C# language?

• Ahmet Hasircioglu says:

“C++ Primer”. Covers nearly everything about C++ and I personally liked it a lot. Alternative is “Deitel & Deitel C and C++”. But C++ Primer will satisfy your needs.

• Acid_Snake says:

I personally learned most of my programming knowledge with a nice Python tutorial in Spanish, after that I just learned C and C++ by simply doing stuff with them. College has also greatly helped me in learning all sorts of programming.

• AnAlbino says:

Agreed, College definitely helped me learn most of the strictly typed languages like c++ and java.

• Yoon says:

Thank you so much, i’ll look into it.

3. abdulec says:

It seems clear I will try to learn it and thanks for your exertion

4. Arc Futahito says:

CLASSES Y U NO MAKE CODE GOOD! (屮ಠ益ಠ)屮
    Ugh… I may have lost control for a second. After procedural programming all these classes are so annoying.

5. Ahmet Hasircioglu says:

“”and if the array is of 1 elements, the last element is number 9, not number 10.””

I think that would be 10, not one 1.

Otherwise nice tutorial. Thanks

6. J.R says:

Question.
    I’m on 3.36 fw on my vita. Would CMA update the vita to 3.50 automatically if I connected? I’m not sure what it will do. Thanx

7. JamesD says:

So which languages is recommended for starters and the easiest phyton?

• Acid_Snake says:

Python is indeed one of the easiest (if not THE easiest) language to learn (and it’s also a very useful and powerful language). The problem with jumping down from python to C/C++ is that you loose all the layers of abstraction that python has that makes it easy (like dynamic typing, duck typing, clean syntax, actually useful and not jammed down your throat OOP) and not everyone can easily make that jump, I know I did, and qwik did too.

8. KotomineKirei says:

Can’t wait for “10 Days of Advanced Programming” and “10 Days of Expert Programming”!

• Acid_Snake says:

Next month will be 10 Days of Intermediate Programming: OOP, software exceptions, namespaces, modular programming, threading, etc
      Then comes 10 Days of Advanced Programming, which I assume is what you are looking for, the question is, will you be able to keep up?

• KotomineKirei says:

“the question is, will you be able to keep up?”

Of course!…well, maybe.

9. Mahmut says:

First. How this help with jailbreak for PS?!?!?

10. ryuga9 says:

Isn’t classes are the same as struct except the public and private type of membership by default?

1. March 29, 2015

[…] >>> Next: 10 Days of Basic Programming, Day 5: containers and declarations […]

2. April 10, 2015

[…] <<< Previous: 10 Days of Basic Programming, Day 5: containers and declarations […]