How to: Create an ISO compatible with your PS3 running a CFW (by psgravity)
Note from Wololo: This tutorial was initially published by /Talk member psgravity, as part of our monthly tutorial contest. Psgravity won the best PS3 tutorial prize in September (a $10 PSN Code) for his entry. You can find the original post here.
Hello, in this tutorial I’ll explain how to create an ISO compatible with your PS3 in CFW. There are several programs that will let you do this like genps3iso and PS3 Iso tool. In this tutorial I will use PS3 ISO TOOL.
You will need :
- A PS3 in CFW
- A PS3 game backup
- The PS3 ISO TOOL 1.98B program that you can download here : https://www.mediafire.com/?dix17gd4zdd0j6l
How to proceed :
- Download PS3 ISO TOOL 1.98B program and extract it.
- Put two explorer windows side by side on the screen, one on the left, the folder with the PS3 game backup, and one on the right with the PS3 ISO TOOL program. Do a drag / drop directly from the left window to the right directly into makeps3iso.exe (You have to drag the folder called for example BLESXXXXX that contains all the game files).
- It’ll automatically convert your backup into iso (leave the work, and of course, the higher your backup is heavy in weight, it will be longer to complete).
- Your backup is converted into iso
- You just have to put your iso backup with an external hard drive or via the network with FileZilla in: /dev_hdd0/PS3ISO/exemple.iso
- You can now run your iso backup from Webman.
NOTE : You can use the program in its GUI version, which means in graphical windows interface.
What can you do with it?
- Create an iso (it also allows to rename your iso, very useful example: BLESXXXXX- [Example])
- Cut an iso
- Change an iso
- Extract an iso
- Join several iso
- Patch an iso
How to install a backup in iso format a hard drive to NTFS?
An External Hard Drive in FAT32 format is not compatible with your iso backup via WEBMAN except with as backup manager such as Irisman.
We can install a backup in iso format on an external hard drive formatted in NTFS, you just need to create a folder you named “PS3ISO” (you can add, PS2ISO, PSXISO) and put your backup in iso : External HDD / PS3ISO / exemple.iso
- Then just download prepNTFS (https://www.mediafire.com/?fzq2bu6dy047ggw) and install it in your PS3.
- Run once prepNTFS from xmb. There will be a black screen (do not worry this is normal (Prepare NTFS must be launched every time you add or remove one or more backup from your external hard drive).
- Go to the menu MyGames / PLAYSTATION 3
- And you will see your backup. Start it.
- You’ll see appear under the icon MyGames a Virtual Disk Drive (Fake BR).
- Go to this icon and press X, it will launch your backup.