How to: Control your PS4 using the TV remote Control (by kingplay)

1. jake says:

This is in the manual thingy arent you guys reading that day 1 you get your console setting it up ect

• wololo says:

What I read here is that you missed an opportunity to make an easy $20 PSN Code, if you already knew about this. Submit your own tutorials this month if you have better stuff 🙂

• jake says:

true that haha 😀

• gunblade says:

Was more of a cool hd port control lol. thks tough. site looks cool diffrent but alright I guess. Think the remote limited to PlayStation controls tough like square circle triangle x. Not sure cool if had all the controls as the ps3 movie remote. Congrates on winning the tutorial contest.

2. C says:

Don’t ***, just say “Thank you, kingplay, for taking the time to try to help everybody.”

3. Alex says:

for anyone who does not know, you can also do this on the ps3 with the same exact functionality

4. Rolenzo says:

I hear you can’t control netflix or crackle etc with this technique. Is that true?

5. NNNRT says:

I can already do that on my PS3.

• gunblade says:

Some playsation the serial was like cech. Guess the serial was like board type then hard drive space and then hd out put or some *** fat ps3 probly had the 4 usb port or 2 usb port in the serial code cool.

6. Fezzno says:

This just proves how little I, and probably many of us here, know about our devices at home. We can literary control any devices connected to the TV if it has this HDMI-CEC fature. Thank you Kingplay and GZ to your winning prize.

• Frezzno says:

Controlling other devices with TV remote with this HDMI-CEC you don’t need expensive universal contollers anymore.

• gunblade says:

Think the device need that hdmi cec note sure tought most devices with hdmi could use hdmi cec. think cec is control electronic-device connected…

7. bobo says:

best tutorial ever now, push the power button to shut down your ps4.

8. old school says:

This is really old. Ive been doing this for years on my PS3 with my smart 3D LG TV

9. xoombie503 says:

This *** won $20?????what has this world come to.smh

• wololo says:

Not really constructive. Instead of complaining, write better tutorials 🙂 Where was your tutorial that would have blown this one out of the water last month?

People who don’t participate can’t win. It’s as simple as that. If you think you can beat that, go ahead, we have the same contest every month 🙂

10. gunblade says:

So jus got anader ps3 was going to get e3 next month maybe if I have cash to get it and maybe new laptop next month and a windows tablet.

11. gfern says:

This alwais worked with me (on a bravia TV), but after the last FW update (with the option to remove HDMI protection) it is very unstable. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn’t work…. But it was a nice feature, along with the remote control sharing, the TV would switch to the ps4 input when it was turned on, and back when it was turned off. Also, one would power on or off the other… Hope they fix this on the next FW.

12. Alvanosa says:

Somehow my Samsung TV does not recognize my PS4 eventho I do everything exactly as stated in the article, is there any way to fix this. I tested the HDMI Cable and it supports HDMI-CEC.