10 Things that should be improved on the Vita

1. xX-SNIPER-Xx says:

“Not a real portable device”
    Playstation Suite will solve this problem ^^

• pietro025 says:

Why? Will PS Suite make the Vita fit into my pocket? Or it will shrink the screen and cut the analogs off….

• Zack C says:

i didn’t know portable meant “fits into pocket”…my laptop is portable..certainly doesn’t fit into my pocket, and my vita is considerably smaller than it. Is a pocket really the only mode of transportation for a portable device..?..or maybe you should pimp out your pockets :d

• xX-SNIPER-Xx says:

sorry i meant “It only does gaming” LOL

2. ThePietn1 says:

Let’s hope your guys manage to make something like a CFW in the future, and not for the free games. Maybe we could make then what Sony didn’t, since the hardware isn’t a limitation on this device. A nice browser should be perfectly possible for Sony, even my 600MHz phone has a browser that’s like 1000times better then the Vita one…

+ Totally agree with this blog post, just add YouTube, better Facebook and Skype for making it perfect. πŸ˜›

3. somebody says:

dont you dare say anything bad about my favorite portable oled snes,gbx,gba,genesis,mastersys,nes πŸ™‚

i dont know if its the same with the psp buttons but playing the vita feels like setting the time on your digital clock and it even sounds like it (the d.pad especialy)

• wololo says:

Haha, definitely. That clicking noise/feeling is really irritating.
      The psp did *not* have this issue

• Asmith906 says:

I personally love the clicky buttons. I can’t stand soft mushy buttons. πŸ˜€

• UE says:

Agreed… love the old buttons, heck I even like the go’s buttons once I got used to them (I have big hands being a 6’4″ guy and all but once I got used to the go it worked fine and I ended up having less issues in the long run holding it than the original psp)

• new_guy says:

I have a VITA and have not updated the firmware, I’m on 1.06 and waiting to be able to RUN full speed MAME,SNES,AMIGA,NEOGEO with that bright oled display:). I do not care about the Vita games, I want EMULATORS on this BEATCH:)

• whitey_mcguee says:

I am soo jealous of you. I would love to play my cfw ps3 with remote play, so what if the reaction time isnt perfect, it would be great to play games like final fantasy and others like that. Honestly, I just ordered a 32g cards so that I can to back to playing my psp. It appears that it is going to be a while before we get anything good in the US.

4. John Doe says:

Wololo, the browser on Vita is *not* NetFront, it *is* WebKit.

• wololo says:

It is a Netfront version that uses webkit as its engine. Note the word “proper” in my article when I say “proper webkit implementation”

5. John Doe says:

It is not netfront at all. Don’t believe in the lies that show up in the credit screen.

• wololo says:

The last person who told me it wasnt netfront failed to prove it. What are your sources?

• OMightyBuggy says:

@ John Doe read the Intellectual Property Notice in the system settings of PS Vita. Netfront copyright 2010. *** unless you know what your talking about.

6. Kizumik says:

I agree with you about the browser, account switching and video apps. We really do need good browser with flash + switching account without pain in ***. Let’s hope Sony will take care of these problems asap and make the device much better. But I’d guess after 2 years or so, Vita will become a really powerful handheld.

7. Mycael says:

Hopefully they’d get to improve on those
    on a Vita-slim or something. πŸ˜‰

Plus, they should also attract more game
    developers. As for now, I find myself
    more entertained with my PSP than with a Vita.

Hoping they’d make something like Love-plus on Vita.
    >Married the DS, and would marry Vita next<
    Lol!

8. svenn says:

There is actually only 1 issue with the vita, and its the software. I have no idea why they did not implement Android, it has a huge software base, and there is certainly place for a own shop with VITA games only. Hardware related, only the memory seems little bit off, but that never kinda disturbed me. (25+ gamers don’t really make an issue out of that)

Android would have given game developers an extra boost, as there games are much more accessible.

• UE says:

Android itself isn’t really that capable as a gaming OS… A device with the same specs as the vita will not get the same gaming down pat and with the same results unfortunately.

• whitey_mcguee says:

Although you are right to a certain extent, with devices such at the xperia play, it is not to far off. There are several games on the xperia that utilizes both touch pads and the touch screen as well. Gameloft is doing wonders on the play at the moment. I dont see it being to hard to port the games that are already using the curren button layout. Currently they already have nova ported as a mini in the psn and that was designed for use with the psp which is lacking the second analog. Also with the android market, all the emulators are out there such as maupin 64, fpse, snesoid, etc… I think it would make for a killer app

9. raziel says:

Exactly what I wanted to say. Agree 100% with you Wololo.

10. Crimson Flamebreaker says:

Almost all of the right things you said, wololo =D

11. James says:

Agree with all these points especially the multiple PSN accounts as I use the UK and Japanese store being bilingual and enjoy games from both sides of the world.

Add to the above the appalling customer service from Sony themselves, I have had an issue with my Vita that has been with Sony “head office” for over 3 weeks with no assistance from PlayStation support, every time they speak to me they say that they cannot do anything to assist as it is with “head office” and there is no way of contacting “head office”.

I love the concept of the Vita but love my PSP so much more, mainly because of the custom firmware as I love being able to play English patched Japanese games that I have bought. I am lazy and although I can read Japanese on a good day my native language is English πŸ™‚

I feel so disappointed by Sony, I had preordered as soon as you could on Amazon and waited eagerly in anticipation
    for it to be released for Sony’s software to let the console down so miserably.

• UE says:

And this is what is bugging me hugely, I have recently quit playing games from the US store and migrated to the japanese store for better games that simply aren’t getting released over here, however I am loath to rebuy games that I have already bought. (I am in australia lol… there is so much of a price saving buying games in the us it isn’t funny, uncharted $70 over here ONLINE despite the dollar being stronger in au)

12. HeRo says:

Wololo for president !

13. Thormawk says:

I’m submitting these ten things to the share-blog thing that the playstation developers actually read.

It’s filled with stupid suggestions right now and I suggest you all do the same so we can see some movement about this going. Apparently the devs only read that stupid idea-blog.

• Thormawk says:

Of course, not all of the “ten things […]” points, but for all the irritating and lacking things with the vita, submit it on the share.blog they have.

Every suggestion needs to be approved by a human worker there and as of now there are not any great suggestions there.

You can only post one idea each day, so wololo you can probably make a post about this as it actually might help getting the psvita problem pile smaller if the ideas there get publicity and are upvoted.

Again, the link is http://share.blog.us.playstation.com

There are a ton of great suggestions and logic things being said about the vita, but they are more often than not confined to a small random forum and sony playstation employees do not read them.

If your suggestion or idea is the best in the world and easy to implement no one will know of it unless you post it in the proper place.

And I know that people know about the share.blog but still, not many use it. Like right now the most upvoted idea has 248 votes and it’s an idea about “psvita menu’s buttons controls”, followed by “pdf reader for vita” and “pandora radio for vita”.
      There are more important things to bring up in their faces.

14. StepS says:

Google pacman works in the vita’s browser (i was surprised a bit), however no sound and only touchscreen

15. Small World says:

I WANT THE PSP GAME GOD EATER BURST, PHANTASTY STAR P2, AND ROCK BAND ON MY VITA

16. Wolfdre says:

LOL @ “…another coffin in the nail…” πŸ˜€ haha a little backwards, but hilarious this way

• wololo says:

Lol, ok, that was an honest typo, but I’m not gonna correct it now, and I’ll pretend it was intentional πŸ™‚

17. Richard Stallman says:

Good Ideas!

18. Zimond says:

If you wanted Sony to read this article, you should change the Title to “Vita Mode Homebrew Loader Release soon”

19. WarBearFace says:

Really I bought mine in the hope that it would eventually enter into something similar to the psp in terms of homebrew. HBL is ok, personally it was impossible for me to grab any of the releases in Canada, but actual homebrew for the vita is what I’m looking forward to. I know it’s probably a long way off but Davee has got me optimistic.

20. Asmith906 says:

A lot of the games that arent on psn store have less to do with sony and more to do wit licenses. Take Kingdom Hearts; the reason it wasn’t released digitally was because of issues wit disney. Also Crisis Core hasn’t been released because I think they had a song in the game that was licenesed for UMD only. This may also be why some games aren’t able to be transferred to vita because they were licenesed for use on the psp only and not the vita. This is why we will never see sega rerelease revenge of the shinobi.

• wololo says:

This is true. But, as customers, the only ones we can really blame for this are Sony. Note that if they weren’t trying so hard to secure their markets, vide game developers could publish the game on their own terms for the console. So, very directly, it is Sony’s fault for locking down the system, and preventing game developers to provide the game in a way that pleases them. In that sense, Square’s decision of not providing Kingdom Hearts on the PSN is a very strong signal: Sony locking down the platform is not only hurting “hackers”, it hurts official developers too, and some of them are making it clear.

• UE says:

actually KH had very little to do with disney in the end, go do some googling and find evidence that isn’t related to a vague claim that was made by the developer.
      Don’t get me wrong I thought it was that too for a long time but more information came out later that points to the contrary. (I am working and cbf arguing so I would rather you just find the source yourself as it isn’t that hard)

21. wololo just nail it! the way i feel is that we were trick on buying the vita,
    Like wololo said this device sony claim is portable is not,thought i don’t mind
    Taken it to places,XD ,the browser,OMG sucks so bad,he lack of adobe or even
    The lack of html5 on the browser SUCKS.One of the things Wololo miss to say i
    Believe was the lack of new apps or even updates,sorry wololo facebook app is needed Did you try to coment in your friends picture? You can’t with the browser, only on the app.this is how bad the browser is on the vita. I hope this changes soon.

What i would fix?
    Of course the browser,no download limitations,adove,add html5 to browser. Constant updates on apps make new apps availiable every month.
    Less expensive download content,prices are to hight for games i already play.

Most of my complain is the browser,as i use it everyday now. No Pc (T-T)

22. JesusDiedBecauseMelGibsonSaidSo says:

I’m trying to stay positive that the Vita will prevail and do fantastic things. So far they have done a great job but, I also agree with a lot of you guys in regards to the lack of features that should have been included with the unit at launch or the pricing of games.

Lucky for me I won a contest at work and got $500.00 worth of Sony Store credit so I’ve been putting it into my Vita.

Just wish we had access to a 3G model here in Canada.

23. sdfsdf says:

when PSP was hacked many extra things was made by hackers also homebrew, plugins makers. RemoJoyLite, flv player etc. I dont remember all tools but PSP flexibility increased in all ways

somehow need to hack Vita the same way how PSP was hacked
    Why newest iPhone models like 4s hacked so fast, why anybody cant do this with Vita ?

• UE says:

Because devices like the iphone4s have *** all security and are based around the same IOS base… OS… that has been on their devices for years now.

24. yosh says:

as for me, I don’t think 40€ a game is so much, I remember PS2 games were already like 60€, and regular portable console games in general always were about 40-50€
    Yes, against mobile devices such as smartphones etc, 40€ or such is too much, but indeed looks like the PS Vita is nothing but a gaming device xD
    Also, I think such a big screen is awesome, and no bother with the analog pads, I find them really cool πŸ˜€ Indeed the battery is bad though
    I find my pspgo way too tiny, don’t really like such little devices ^^
    Indeed here again, it really is like a true hardcore portable gaming device, so can’t really be so portable imho ^^

• Ellipse says:

The problem with the game pricing is that they charge so much for digital games, even though they’re in infinite supply and therefore worthless, making any price they put on them is completely arbitrary.

• yosh says:

right, and it’s like we don’t have any rights on our digitally bought games
        better get good old real material games, that way we’ll hopefully not need extra big memory sticks too xD

• James says:

Look at your rights when Sony revoke the game from the store alas what happened with Everyones Tennis.

You bought something that Sony then retract you from using it with no refund and no remorse, they argue that pirates are stealing from them but the next minute Sony steal from there own customers.

The problem with a digital store is it relies on trust between the consumer and the corporate entity, without this trust no digital platform can succeed as consumers need to trust the content they buy now will still be there the next time they come to use it like with physical media.

Sony are so against its own consumers never mind the pirates it is a disgrace and something needs to be done about them.

25. BlackFire27 says:

I still love both my PSPs. They do what I need πŸ˜€

26. Johanny says:

i’m feeling a *** hate of my vita, it was nice with the advertisement before the releasing of the product, but right now I feel regret of my buying, now I have in mind to sell it and buy an iphone.

• UE says:

why an iphone? even the latest one BARELY came up to the mark with the galaxy s 2.
      Admittedly when it was released the GS2 was a beast of a phone and is still one of the best phones on the market (also meaning that apple’s new phone is one of the best on the market) but the fact it took apple that long to come up with a phone that was just “nearly” as good is kinda sad especially considering the price range.
      Any other iphone is slaughtered though and the Galaxy S 3 is set to come out in the comming months (which looks aimed to be a direct attack on apple)

27. Josh says:

Wololo, do you honestly believe that Sony might make this into a better overall system? Or do you believe that future hacks will remove these limitations? I feel that this is $250 down the drain..

28. Wdingdong says:

The only secrets of life and success:

1.Absence of Jealousy

2.UNSELFISHNESS.

29. pat says:

Wololo, The PS3 browser has just extremely IMPROVED ! It is FAST now. For the rest, I agree (excuse my poor english, I’m just french πŸ™‚

30. Legendary Hero 11 says:

I have found a few things I don’t like about the vita so far:

1. the back touch screen isnt the same shape as the front, resulting in odd interaction

2. the power button is too far in the upper left and i constantly put the device into sleep mode while gaming (unless Im using the L1 button i dont hold it there, the next thing over is the power button , idiots!!!

3. they should have put a fat *** hard drive in it, at least 128gb or something,

31. Ellipse says:

This is why we need people like you Wololo: To fix the problems Sony caused(because they’ve proven to us multiple times that they won’t do it themselves).

32. Shigeru Miamoto says:

Akward!

33. DigiTak says:

OK so most of this I can agree on wololo, but I have some problems with “this”

It is small enough to fit in your pocket just to clarify. It might not feel completely comfortable, but its still OK. And honestly it performs Netflix quite well, and I like to watch movies on my vita :). The whole thing about ps1 compatibility is just ***? They can’t use the same way they did it with the psp, because the vita doesn’t use eboots it uses psvmd files, and psvimg. So they have to reconvert their ps1 titles. Although the rest of your statements are actually very agreeable. Like vita games are really overpriced. And the whole thing about the memory cards is 10000% true. If they used micro sd cards instead of those damn “new” memory cards I wouldn’t have gotten a new card, and I have a 16gb micro. Oh and I wish Sony would read this, because honestly your suggestions could just become the best part of the vita yet.

34. Robart says:

While I don’t have a Vita yet [waiting for the library to thicken a bit], Sony sure is going out of its way to insure I’m not getting it any time soon. The proprietary memory card nonsense is especially annoying since there doesn’t seem to be any real reason for it aside from wanting to monopolize their most important accessory. The MS Pro Duo format seemed fine and had just started to become cheap to make if I recall correctly. heck, companies like SanDisk actually breathed life into the thing by providing alternative support.

Though, I am more concerned with the issue of PSP/PS1 compatibility. There seems to be a lack of focus on that area, and I get the feeling that after that VHBL savegame exploit fuss they’re more interested in plugging up possible leaks. It’d certainly explain the mysterious disappearances of certain PSP titles from the PSN [like Phantasy Star Portable 2 from the US Store] and the lack of other titles.

I can understand locking down the console but when it conflicts with their ability to satisfy customers, they run the risk of killing interest from people like me.

35. boom!!!! says:

it really is a shame cause there really are many third party dev’s stepping back from the vita, it sucks

36. Norml says:

The conclusion, $ony wants their device to become hacked so it can finally be supported. Just like with the PSP, who supported it? Surely not $ony.

Count on them to patch hacks, that’s about it, repeating the PSPs legacy.

37. saeeid says:

hey dude you totally changed my mind
    i was serious to buy vita before
    now when i think more i prefer to wait until something happens
    specially to that memory card system (i really feel will be cheated if i buy one of those xp cards)

38. TheGuardian says:

Exactly! That is the one Website I am talking about!

39. Chozzehnwahn says:

I would never go online with the vita, as i have my android device for that. Just like i would never play games on my android device, i hav my vita for that.