Genesis competition: new sponsors and a recap

1. DBZo07 says:

late comers!

2. Yosh says:

I got a full project idea but I’m sure I wouldn’t stand a chance against some other big projects, ergo I’ll see when I feel like programming it (one day …)

Allright there are several projects, but for instance I’m sure forum’s choices will choose those too, simply why wouldn’t they ?? lol

Ergo just I’ll do it when I feel like it. Else if then, the psp has died I’ll just have to choose another platform lol.

3. Léo Michel says:

Thank for adding us!
    @Yosh : Consider that big project usually have issues in beeing ready on time, precisly because they are so big. And anyway, a project doesn’t have to be big to be fun, concept and gameworld are, in my opinion, the main factors for a a good game 😉

• Yosh says:

okay right.
      I’ll see if I can find some time in this last month then, maybe in upcoming holidays if I’m not too busy.

4. HackThiefCoder93 says:

u should do 1

5. TeeJAy says:

It`s my dream to code a homebrew and participate in such a big event, But unfortunately i still have to learn programming:-(
    I hope Wololo will continue organizing such good events and doing good work and one day I promise you Wololo that I’ll be participating in such a event:-)

6. TeeJAy says:

It’s my dream to code a homebrew and participate in such a big event(Honestly, it’s like festival for me),
    but unfortunately i still have to learn programming to code something:-(
    I hope Wololo will continue organizing such events and doing good work and
    one day, I promise you Wololo, I’ll be participating in such a event:-)

7. Hob0Dan1 says:

One question can i do the codding and that *** in sdl basic??? PLz reply i want to know

• wololo says:

Yes if your eboot ends up being a standalone homebrew. We don’t want people to have to download the interpreter separately, etc…

• Hob0Dan1 says:

another question what do u mean by (if your eboot ends up being a standalone homebrew. We don’t want people to have to download the interpreter separately, etc…)
        Cant i have an eboot that loads my homebrew in a .sdlbas file ???

• wololo says:

The idea is that your homebrew should work “out of the box” without people needing to download anything else.

• Hob0Dan1 says:

KK thx a lot i had to read it a couple of times cause i dint undestand lets say im under 14 but anyways thx’s i got the point 😉

8. Hob0Dan1 says:

kk thx ill try to understand a little bit more ill tell my team thx again

9. Riviera71 says:

Thank you for the encouragements !

Two questions:

The homebrew can be a port of PC game who has not never ported to PSP?

In this case should I ask the authorization to the author to use his code source for the participation to the GENESIS competition?

• wololo says:

yes, and yes.
      If you’re making a port, most likely a huge part of your code will have been written by this person/team. Because of the amounts of money at stake, we want to make sure they now about the contest.

10. Hob0Dan1 says:

Hey wololo can u help me with this:
    so yeah i got the splash screen to load but when i use this deleteimage(slot)
    it frezes my psp ive tried with diferent image formats but still frexes THX in advance