The PS Vita 3.60 is now widely hacked thanks to the HENkaku hack. There’s lots of things you can do with you PS vita 3.60 but it can easily get confusing. Here’s a full guide with details on all features and functionality, ranging from the basics of installing the hack, to the most precise customization features.
This page will be kept up to date as new methods get revealed to get the most out of your hacked PS Vita
What if my PS Vita is not running firmware 3.60?
The HENkaku hack requires a PS Vita running firmware 3.60. We explain below what to do if your console is not running on firmware 3.60.
- If your PS Vita is running on firmware 3.57 or lower, you can manually update it to firmware 3.60 in order to run the HENkaku hack. Beware to not use Sony’s automated update system, as it will update your PS Vita to the latest official firmware, which is not compatible with HENkaku. How to update your PS Vita manually to firmware 3.60.
- Your PS Vita is not compatible with the HENkaku hack, and it is not possible to downgrade it to firmware 3.60. The trusted hackers behind the 3.60 hack have stated that it would most likely take years before a similar hack is released on the PS Vita, and there’s good reasons to trust them: it took 5 years for the HENkaku hack to see the light of day on firmware 3.60. Your best bet is to buy a PS Vita running firmware 3.60. The Borderlands 2 Bundle is recommended: If you buy it new it is confirmed to ship with a firmware 3.60 or lower. On 3.63, you can still enjoy limited hacks such as the possibility to run PSP homebrews and backups.
Basics: Hacking your PS Vita 3.60
- To hack your PS Vita on firmware 3.60 you need to go on the official HENkaku site http://henkaku.xyz on your PS Vita Browser. From there you can press the install button and the hack will be installed on your PS Vita, along with a utility (VitaShell).
VitaShell lets you install PS Vita homebrews in the .vpk format, and also runs as an FTP Server (with the “Select” button) so that you can copy files from and to your PS Vita (you’ll need an FTP client such as Filezila installed on your PC).
Our HENkaku FAQ gives more details on the installation and troubleshooting
- Although nobody has been banned for using a PS Vita hack so far, there are concerns that this might happen eventually. Some people recommend “disguising” your homebrew files (in particular VitaShell) to avoid raising suspicions.Other recommendations include using a different account than your normal PSN account, on the console where you are running HENkaku.
PS Vita homebrews and Emulators
- PlaystationHax have a great video tutorial showing you how to install your homebrews:
- You can play your PC Games on your PS Vita Screen thanks to homebrew moonlight:
Guide: How to Get Moonlight working on your Vita
ePSP Homebrews and emulators
- The PS Vita, thanks to its embedded PSP emulator, gives you out of the box access to a wide variety of PSP homebrews and indie games, via PSP homebrew loader VHBL.
- Adrenaline will let you run PSP homebrews and PSP plugins on the PS Vita 3.60.
- VHBL is a required tool to run PSP homebrews on the PS Vita 3.60. We explain how to install VHBL here.
- It can be confusing to know where to download PSP homebrews for the PS Vita, due to how VHBL has evolved. Check our tutorial on PSP Homebrews for VHBL here.
Hacks and Customization
- Utility VitaToolBox lets you do a bunch of cool things with your PS Vita: update registry settings (e.g. to swap the O/X buttons), delete your PS Vita’s history (to avoid sending unwanted logs to Sony’s servers), swap your memory stick to another account, dump your IDPS, or switch to IDU mode
- Utility memcardswap lets you swap accounts on a memory card without having to format it.
- The PSTV Whitelist is a trick on the PS TV that lets you play more Vita games than the device normally lets you. The PS TV has a whitelist of games and will refuse to start a given Vita game if it’s not in the compatibility list. This prevents you from playing Vita games that would normally play just fine on the PS TV. This trick solves that, by making ALL Vita games compatible on the PS TV. This also includes applications such as Netflix!
- Custom Themes and Bubbles
- You can create your own PS Vita Bubbles with this Bubble Studio tutorial.
Hacks and Customization (Advanced)
- You can edit your PS Vita’s registry to Swap X/O, find your PSN Credentials, Fake your PS Vita’s region, make CMA backups without a linked PSN account, etc… Hackinformer have a detailed guide.
PS vita backups and PSP/PS1 isos – A note about piracy
Running PS Vita backups (pirated Vita games) is technically possible on PS Vita 3.60. We do not provide any links on how to run such “backups” here on wololo.net
Running PSP isos can be achieved with Adrenaline CFW on a PS Vita 3.60.
Running PS1 isos is not possible at the moment on a PS Vita 3.60.