Vita Half-Byte Loader

What is it?

Vita Half-Byte Loader is a homebrew loader HBL for the Playstation Vita, running through the PSP emulator on the Playstation Vita.
For the latest news about Vita Half Byte Loader, check the VHBL Category on this blog.

Half-Byte Loader (HBL) is an open source Homebrew Loader for the Sony PSP and the PS Vita. It allows to play fan-made games on any PSP and PS Vita. HBL allows to run emulators for the Game Boy, Nintendo 64, Sega Megadrive, NES, Super NES… and many other applications.

Disclaimer

• VHBL does not technically allow you to play any pirated PSP or Vita games.
  • Although VHBL is free and open source, the current version relies on vulnerabilities in specific PSP games that you need to buy from the PSN. VHBL comes with no guarantee, especially I cannot guarantee it will work on your Vita, so remember that you pay for a PSP game, and not for anything else. I do not do refunds for the money you gave to Sony :)
  • It is super easy for Sony to patch the vulnerabilities used by this tool, given the amount of control they have on the PS Vita. VHBL runs fine and is extensively tested, but for all I know it is possible for Sony to patch the game’s vulnerability without a firmware update. So, once again, before buying the game and downloading VHBL, you need to understand that you pay for the game, and VHBL is a bonus that might or might not work. Easter Egg: 6NH7-M5NJ-359B

Downloads

The Version of VHBL you need to download depends on the PSP Game you own. Click on the game you own to get redirected to the appropriate download page (the download page of each game also contains installation and usage instructions). Currently, VHBL is available for the following PSP games:

Sony’s strategy so far has been to remove these games from their store, and put them back once the Vita firmware is patched. Most likely, if you didn’t buy the vulnerable game(s) in time, you will not be able to run VHBL. But we are regularly bringing more exploits to VHBL, so stay tuned on this page for further updates.

1. Sparkey480’s avatar

Hey Wololo, how would one go about deleting games from the games folder on the VHBL?
    Because there are a few that I decided I don’t like… And I would like to remove them.

Respond quick!

-Beloved VHBL user

1. Sparkey480’s avatar

Scratch that, I think I got it.

Isn’t it just saving the VHBL savedata on to the computer and deleting it from there?

1. Sparkey480’s avatar

Scratch that scratching that.
        No clue how.

1. Gamblor420’s avatar

It’s under the settings data in the psvita good sir. Go to application data manager and under Save data for psp. Once u wanna uninstall u would go under Add on data(psp)

1. SMOKE’s avatar

Actually there’s a easier way! Just install “psplorer”
            Its a file manager app and you can use it for PSVita! :)

2. SMOKE’s avatar

Man, I have been promoting psplorer alot lately! Lol

2. Jerrett OQuinn’s avatar

Go to settings > Application Data Management > Add on data (PSP) > Now you must count from last homebrew installed to bottem of the list says corrupt data on all files. BTW

2. BG’s avatar

Any news on another title support for vhbl? I’ve just found out about this project after a brief search. How can I be in the know as soon as another title is released? Thanks, keep up the good work!

3. konayzawoo’s avatar

Hi Friends
    Everybody tennis wouldn’t work on my vita, Why i don’t know.
    I already patch open CMA. run.dat patch already.
    already copy the homebrew file to the vita directory and
    transfer from pc to vita already and i already seen the game in my vita at others psp data category.
    But i cannot see the game icon and cannot install homebrew.
    Please help me. My vita is (1.67 singapore version).
    Thanks and regards

1. SuperiorKnightZ’s avatar

You can’t because you updated the only thing that would work is super collapse 3.

4. Papote’s avatar

Hi, I accidentally erase via Content Manager Assistant Super Collapse 3. I have look everywhere in the PC: Recicle Bin, Temp Files. And could not find the erase game that I deleted via the CMA.

If anyone knows where the deleted files are kept in the computer. Please let me know in order to have available again the VHBL.

If not, how long would it take to reveal the next PSP game.

Thanks,

5. Ahmad’s avatar

hi everyone i have just upgrade my ps and at the moment i though about opning wololo.Net and i figure out that the hacker has just upload the newest hack so i looked up on the psn on my ps and i found out that it is not there (i have version 1.67) its the newset version yet so what should i do

1. SMOKE’s avatar

There is nothing that you can do. Sony removed it from their stores about 2 weeks ago. Sorry :(
      Just listen up for the next exploit game and maybe you can grab the next one

6. noah’s avatar

I accidently deleted supper collapse 3 crap I have to wait for the next exploit this really sucks on my part keep up the awesome Wrk guys

1. SMOKE’s avatar

I actually had a nightmare a couple of days ago about that same thing! Haha

1. SMOKE’s avatar

But seriously that really sucks

7. Bizzyb’s avatar

Dammit I missed this AGAIN! I’m 30 and don’t have the time I used to to spend my time checking for exploits on a toy like I did in the early psp days. I still remember kxploit. But I will try and get the next one keep up the good work!

1. Andrew8665’s avatar

8. Zorak_torok’s avatar

Just checking… hey new game!!!!!!!!!!! Oh… damnit, gone again. I’m on the fence on this one anyway. I am actually happier with my unhacked vita than any other system I’ve had…. although I know the money I’m throwing into that thing is redidulous. I don’t have a cell phone — don’t want one— skype lets me make unlimited calls for 3 bucks a month, I work 12 hours a day with long breaks… I like being able to have the option of playing with people… I have had a had a hacked, well, everything, I bought a xbox1 at goodwill a couple of days ago for 7.50 , now I can make that mame arcade cabnet out of that bluray display I got from blockbusters death throughs. Still, the PSP was my favorite portable system, and not because of ITS games, simply because I could do so much with it that made people scratch their heads. One of my favorite things to do was throw on the “vista” os and the give the thing to someone who has no idea they even made a pspGO ( which I actually liked for hacking purposes). OK….. I guess at some point I’m going to pick up a wifi only, get hbl….. and NOT update… ever…. Thanks again WOLOLO, thanks to you I have had mabey 7 psps!

wrong site question of the day: Anyone making any progress with the r4gold cards in the way of .3ds ? Going strong on the ds mode, but I’d love to play a VB emulator on a 3d system… Red Alarm was the shit in the day…. being a bunch of lines navagating lines and being shot by dots that come from lies never did get much better… screw vectrix :->

9. Mac’s avatar

Hi everyone and Wololo. If you have demos like Hustle Kings, Little Deviants and other games that have same sizes as the paid ones. Maybe some hacker can just change one or more files to make it complete? I’m not good at hacking so i’ll just be patient.

1. wololo’s avatar

Just buy your games.

1. Cole’s avatar

agree’d you cheap son of a bitch!!!!

10. asdfADRiAN’s avatar

I would like to help out with homebrew applications but its been a while since Ive visted the scene. Where exactly can I pick up on tutorials?

I could care less about pirating, it would just be beneficial for hands on experience for my major.

Best Regards,
    asdfADRiAN

11. hook2008’s avatar

Has been the use of PSS made ​​a FC simulator, but the speed is only 15, for unknown reasons.
    Download: http://115.com/file/dpvxc53f#
    Use of VitaConnector.exe upload to PSVita be able to run.

12. Jakob’s avatar

Well we all know there is a problem downloading the Super Collapse 3 and wondered if someone could help me out getting it :/ if not well i’m totally understanding on why “who would trust a random guy of the internet. but if you could help me out message me on http://www.youtube.com/zyphsmw2

13. Shaq’s avatar

Ugh… Playstation is a pain. Please though send me the super collapse game 3 or help me or help me to get the vhbl. Please help me thought and I will return the favor in the future
    Message me at http://www.youtube.com/user/BoomJustGotOwned?feature=mhee

14. Skud’s avatar

You dont need a pirated copy of SC3 for which to load your vhbl…..you need an exploit to load it without breaking the rules. Only when you truly know what your looking for can you begin your path to finding it.

1. PLINIO PHOXXAS’s avatar

agrred… still i wanted another type of administration at sony… if not, WAR!!!! FUCK THE SYSTEM hHAHAHAHA^^

15. asdf;lkj’s avatar

Jeez. I cant believe sony is making it so dang tough just so I can download my manga and put them in folders by manga issue. I really dont even mind the whole “no iso, cso” working. I just wanna put some freaking folders in my photo folder. And get bookr on my vita. I likes my translated light novels. Seriously, the vita has really been a step back in my “portable entertainment” experience.

16. jobzombi’s avatar

I have a question. Is the vita OS based on android or HP webOS? When I tried to go to ebay.com, it showed it being redirected to the HP version of it, as it does when you are on a smartphone, you can later choose to go to desktop version. My inquiry is because at my job, the internet is run through a proxy. I know both are Linux based, but both my android phone and my vita work fine if I try to access the internet on them at my job. But if I try to run any app on them, it does not work. Stuff like Skype does not connect on either of them. My job requires me to put the URI for proxy access, which at least the vita lets me program that from the settings are for the specif access point, and then log in when I try to use the internet. What I’m guessing is that the apps try to access the internet but because they never ask for user/pass info they are not allowed access. I’ve been working on my android to get this fixed, so if anyone has any info on someone who already has done that, please help me out, at least I don’t have to keep on trying, or if you can let me know what OS is being run by the vita. I’m sure since both are linux based, if I get root access I can try to work on it as well.

17. ...’s avatar

Should be able to try the VITA restore

18. free ps vita games’s avatar

19. download ps vita games’s avatar

20. ps vita games’s avatar

21. JoshIsBest’s avatar

Hey Is That true That Ps Vita Will Be Jailbreaked In July??

1. Cole’s avatar

who said that?

22. Disaster’s avatar

If we can use C++ to make games?

23. jerry’s avatar

ive been using your expoits since i can remember we need a free exploit like patapon on psp :D i work 13 hours a day and i went and bought this vita hoping i could hack it :/// now i have to wait o well keep doing you wololo we as a community apreciate all of you hacker and your hard work peace :D

24. Alex’s avatar

hello wololo

I would get the game super collapse 3
    To boot unsigned software if you need more information
    Write to me at my email: duran.adalexi.a56@gmail.com

25. Cole’s avatar

any chance we can get a VHBL for the game LBP – PSP version that just came out?

26. PLINIO PHOXXAS’s avatar

so.. if i have not the game, i must not dowload vhbl, because it will only function IF I HAVE THE GODDAMN GAMES listed above… right…. oh man.. i came just to download and have fun…. damn it….. that is why i sent a brand new email to wololo informing that i found important info, on that games

with an american account o boought some free demos, and they open in the brazilian account ( man, nothing opens there, even demos, cuz we dont have demos in brazil, just 2 or 3)

but the demos that are as big as the game, that ones did not open… as resistance: burning skies… but sumioni
    : demon arts, montezuma ( free game) and touch my katamary opened… soo there mught be aclue in using others properties^^

i hate sony!

27. Sin’s avatar

this isnt the place to bitch n moan ^^

28. PLINIO PHOXXAS’s avatar

sorry my last commet was not so wel expleined
    1º resistance: bruning skies demos 3,1 giga/GO dont funciontion in any OTHER account if not that one whe bought it
    2º the OTHER demos, and the game free that IS not supposed to exist in brAZIL PSN IS OK TO OPEN… SO IF SOMEONE CAN SUM 1+1 HE WILL UNCOVER WHAT MAKES THA BLOCKED DOFFERENT FROM THE unblocked stuff

i would love to plunder into any games,playing for free and making sony pay the price they stole from me when lieing to all of us brazilians….

the pirates will only cease in brazil when they look at us with the same eyes they look of america or japan….

mena whilr

fuck sony , nintendo and microsoft until the end

YES like piracy

29. Sin’s avatar

i think the developers and hackers are a ways away from “unlocking” the system, if you read what the site offers for vita right now you will see its just taking control of the system to play emulators and other things, but NOT for unlocking demos n games off the PS Network, sooooo ya, you should have a read.

30. tom’s avatar

this might be silly question but does everybodys tennis work on firmware 1.67. because i am on firmware 1.67 and super collapse 3 is not on the ps store in the uk :(

1. Sin’s avatar

Everybody’s Tennis (Minna No Tennis) (up to firmware 1.61)

no sorry.

31. Henry’s avatar

is there currently anyway to get VHBL through the PS Suite Open Beta tools?

that would be sick
    free VHBL via Dev tools

32. kkhdz’s avatar

is there like an way to create a mailing list (if any) that notifies of of a new game added with out the need to publish it so sony does not know about it until more than 1 business day?

Like the account must be tested blahblahblah like when you join osx86 project for iatkos and other ios ports to PC’s.

im really interested in doing this, and i am quite good programing so if im provided with tools i could help with this

33. BigCockSurprise’s avatar

hey guys, I was wondering how can i get my hands on vhbl for 1.67 if super collapse 3 has been removed from the store? also keep up the good work!

34. plinker’s avatar

I need sms for my vita… need it to keep using a prepaid sim.

35. mirko8054’s avatar

pls, release the vhbl for 1.69, is there any downgrade tool from 1.69 to 1.61?

36. mirko8054’s avatar

oh, dear wololo team, i have an idea, so, with opencma, we have the file: psp2-updatelist.xml, we can edit it and config the link that the ps vita read to download the update firmware by using: update from PC, so, wololo team can build an hacked firmware on ps vita, upload it in a link, change the link with the firmware hacked with the original firmware editing the xml file, it’s a good idea??

37. Titan’s avatar

Hey guys. I feel like a total noob asking this, but where is the download for the VHBL zip/rar file that I have to use to actually put VHBL on the Vita itself.

38. jason’s avatar

how are things go wing with VHBL :-)

1. wololo’s avatar

I am still stuck trying to get another exploit to work the way I want.

1. anthony’s avatar

when r u going to post the game name for the vhbl is it any time soon an is it for US as will.

39. Imran’s avatar

Kingdom hearts birth by sleep isnt on PSN, I know it says it does not technically allow you to play pirated psp games but is it possible at all?

· 1 · · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · · 12 ·